Massimo is a member of the Intellectual Property and Technology practice group in Baker McKenzie's Toronto office. He joined the Firm in 2017 as a summer student, prior to completing his articles of clerkship.
As a law student, Massimo was an executive editor for the McGill Journal of Law and Health, a leading peer-reviewed publication. Prior to joining the Firm, Massimo also developed extensive expertise in fresh produce and postharvest technologies, having worked for a leading grower and wholesaler of produce, with operations globally. He also facilitated, and participated in, various conferences and hackathons in the healthcare and technology space.
Representative Legal Matters
Advises global clients on internet-related IP issues, including enforcement against online piracy and counterfeiting, content takedown, notice-and-notice provisions, social media issues, and risk management advice relating to online marketing programs and emerging internet technologies.
Acts on numerous trade mark oppositions.
Prior to joining the Firm, Massimo handled the following matters:
Advised a leading social media company on its data privacy and retention obligations, and marketing practices with respect to minors.
Advised a major pharmaceutical company on its consent requirements with respect to sensitive data.
Advised a global media and news aggregator in a copyright infringement dispute brought by several newspaper publishers.
Advised a multinational financial institution with respect to its various data collection and retention obligations.
- Ontario~Canada (2019)
- McGill University, Faculty of Law (BCL / LLB) (2017)
- University of California at Davis (Certificate Course in Postharvest Technologies) (2011)
- University of California at Davis (Certificate Course in Fresh Cut Produce Technologies) (2017)
- Concordia University (Bachelor of Arts with Distinction, Double Major Philosophy, Political Science) (2014)
- Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca (Summer Exchange Program) (2012)
- Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca (Summer Exchange Program) (2013)
- Institut d'Etudes Politiques/Paris (Exchange Program) (2011)