Jon R. Ornolfsson
Jon Ornolfsson is a partner in the Finance & Projects Group of the Firm's Tokyo office. He advises market-leading multinational and Asia-based clients on energy and infrastructure projects around the world.
Based in Asia since 2007, Jon has advised on many of the highest-profile energy transactions across the Asia Pacific region in recent years. His broad client base includes leading Japanese trading houses and energy companies, other global project developers and sponsors, and a number of Asian host government entities.
Jon is an active member of various energy industry organizations. He serves on the steering committee of the Association of International Energy Negotiators (AIEN) Asia chapter, and he is also a regular moderator and speaker at leading industry conferences and thought leadership events.
Representative Legal Matters
(Including previous firm’s experience)
- Advised sponsors and lenders on low-carbon hydrogen and ammonia projects in Southeast Asia and in North and South America.
- Advised a Singapore based developer on the formation of a portfolio of sustainable infrastructure projects across Southeast Asia.
- Advised on LNG liquefaction and LNG regasification projects across more than 10 APAC jurisdictions.
- Advised a range of producers, offtakers and trading entities on multiple long-term, mid-term and spot LNG sale and purchase arrangements.
- Advised a Japanese utility on its investment in renewables projects in Indonesia and related joint venture arrangements.
- Advised a consortium of Japanese companies on the development and project financing of an optical submarine cable system connecting Singapore, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand and India.
- Advised a state-owned Chinese entity on its USD 2.3 billion acquisition of a portfolio of power assets located in Malaysia, UAE, Egypt, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
- Advised a Canadian-listed company on its divestment of an operated interest in the Elk and Antelope gas fields and the Papua LNG project in Papua New Guinea.
- Advised a leading Japanese conglomerate on the restructuring of its LNG liquefaction projects portfolio, primarily located in the Middle East and Africa.
- Advised a leading European green energy company on the development of renewables projects in Indonesia and Vietnam including solar and hydropower.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Law Society of England and Wales - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2005)
- Foreign Registered Lawyer (gaikokuho jimu bengoshi)~Japan
- College of Law at London (GDL) (2003)
- Royal Northern College of Music (MMUS) (1997)