Mariana Camacho has more than 3 years of experience in competition law, administrative law and litigation regarding these matters. Before joining Baker Mckenzie Mariana worked as an associate for another well-known Competition Law Firm, as a legal advisor for the Association of Finance Companies and for the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana. Currently Mariana is the Coordinator of the Colombian Competition Law Association.
Since 2015, Mariana represents the interests of different national and international companies in judicial and administrative proceedings before the Superintendence of Industry and Commerce, Administrative Courts and also before the State Council, among others. Additionally, Mariana has advised companies under the SIC's Leniency Program, and has also represented the interests of the companies in unfair competition litigations and other civil actions and other disputes.
Currently, Mariana advises national and multinational clients on issues of competition law related with anticompetitive practices, merger control, personal data protection, and compliance programs.
- Centrefor Studies on Competition Law.
- Colombian Competition Law Association.
- Colombian Very Young Arbitration Practitioners.
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (Specialization Competition Law) (2018)
- Universidad de Los Andes (Corporate Compliance & Governance Course) (2018)
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (JD) (2015)
Publications, Presentations, Articles, Events
- Co-author "the immutability consideration factor in civil liability: and analysis regarding the adequate consideration theory". Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, 2014.