Mariana Camacho has experience in Competition Law, Data Privacy and Compliance. Additionally, Mariana has experience in litigation regarding these matters. Before joining Baker McKenzie Mariana worked as an associate and coordinator of the competition area at another well-known Competition Law Firm, as a legal advisor at the Association of Finance Companies and at the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana. Currently Mariana is part of the Coordination Group of the Colombian Competition Law Association.
During her professional experience, Mariana has represented the interests of different national and international companies in judicial and administrative proceedings before the Superintendence of Industry and Commerce, Administrative Courts and before the State Council, among others. Additionally, Mariana has advised companies under the SIC's Leniency Program, and also has represented the interests of the companies in unfair competition litigations and other civil actions and other disputes.
Currently, Mariana advises national and multinational clients on issues related to competition law, data protection law, and corporate compliance in different industries.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colombian Competition Law Association - Member, Coordination Group
- Colombian Competition Law Association - Member, Digital Economy Committee
- Colombian Competition Law Association - Member, Women's Committee
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (Specialization Competition Law) (2018)
- Universidad de Los Andes (Corporate Compliance & Governance Course) (2018)
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (JD) (2015)
- Author, "Which are the key point regarding Uber case in Colombia?," San Francisco de Quito University, 2019
- Author, "Freedom of Expression and Digital Platforms," Lexology, 2019
- Author, "Individuals, Robots and Competition," Asuntos Legales Diario la República, 2019
- Co-author, "The immutability consideration factor in civil liability: and analysis regarding the adequate consideration theory," Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, 2014