Yuki Ono is an associate in the Firm’s Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions and Environment practice groups in Tokyo. She has over four years of experience practicing law in Japan and advises Japanese and international companies on a broad range of M&A issues, as well as corporate, labor and environmental law matters. Ms. Ono is the co-author of the publication, Understanding the Legal Affairs and Taxation of Stocks and Corporate Bonds. She is a member of the Tokyo Bar Association.
Ms. Ono regularly advises clients on M&A issues, as well as matters involving commercial and corporate law. She is proficient in structuring, due diligence, documentation, share issuance, and the establishment of entities in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions. She also assists clients in litigation, labor-related matters and environmental issues involving the Soil Contamination Countermeasures Act.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for private equity funds in several exit transactions.
- Assisted in the integration of a US pharmaceutical company’s Japanese subsidiaries.
- Assisted in various domestic integration and reorganization transactions in relation to Japanese and international M&As.
- Acted for large domestic companies in several cross-border M&As.
- Acted for a plaintiff company in litigation for damages in relation to soil contamination.
- Represented various companies in numerous litigation matters.
- Advised a large apparel company and assisted in commercial lease reviews and documentation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- Japan (2006)
- Chuo University (LL.B.) (2002)
- Free University of Berlin (2000)
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.