Dr. Ingmar A. Oltmanns is a senior associate of Baker McKenzie’s International Commercial & Trade group in Frankfurt. He joined the Firm in June 2016. Prior to this, he studied at Saarland University and the University of Mainz. After graduation, he worked as a research assistant at the legal chair of Prof. Dr. Peter O. Muelbert, chair of civil, commercial, business and banking law for one year. During his legal clerkship, he worked with the Southern African-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Johannesburg, South Africa and in an international law firm in Frankfurt.
Ingmar advises clients on all aspects of commercial law, contract law and distribution law. He particularly drafts and advises on agency and distribution agreements, general terms and conditions, as well as commercial agreements, such as purchase and supply, service and co-operation agreements. Furthermore, he is regularly involved in transactions.
- Germany (2016)
- Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz (Dr. iur.) (2018)
- Regional Court of Mainz (Assessor Exam) (2015)
- Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz (Referendar Exam) (2010)
- Saarland University (2008)
- Co-author (with Johannes Teichmann, Julia Kaufmann, Ulf Wauschkuhn and Katharina Spenner), "Umsetzung der Warenkaufrichtlinie: Geplante Änderungen des BGB zur Regelung des Verkaufs von Sachen mit digitalen Elementen und anderer Aspekte des Kaufvertrags," Client Alert, February 2021
- Co-author (with Johannes Teichmann, Julia Kaufmann, Ulf Wauschkuhn and Katharina Spenner), "Implementation of the Directive (EU) 2019/771 on the sale of goods: Upcoming amendments to the German Civil Code governing the sale of goods with digital elements and other aspects of sales contracts," Client Alert, February 2021
- Co-presenter (with Julia Kaufmann, Michaela Nebel), "Neue Risiken und Entwicklungen im E-Commerce in der EU", Baker McKenzie Webinar, 29 July 2020
- Co-presenter (with Florian Tannen, Lukas Feiler, Elisabeth Dehareng, Joanna de Fonseka, Francesca Gaudino, Brian Hengesbaugh, Wouter Seinen), "Virtual Roundtable on Schrems II", Baker McKenzie Webinar 16 July 2020
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.