Mireille Oldak is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Tax Practice Group in the Washington, DC office, where she handles both domestic and international tax law controversies, and dispute resolution.
Ms. Oldak represents clients in all stages of tax disputes, from audit and administrative appeals to litigation before the United States Tax Court and other state and federal courts. She has experience in a wide range of dispute resolution matters involving issues relating to transfer pricing, statutory interpretation of Internal Revenue Code provisions, procedural issues, and transferee liability matters, among others.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a global technology company in summons enforcement action brought by the IRS.
- Represented a client in Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act (TEFRA) suit involving economic substance issues.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association - Tax Section
- American Bar Association - Tax Section
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States (2016)
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims~United States (2016)
- District of Columbia~United States (2015)
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia~United States (2015)
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (2013)
- New York~United States (2012)
- Cornell Law School (J.D.) (2011)
- New York University (B.A. Comparative Literature cum laude) (2007)
- New York