Lucia has wide experience in national and international commercial arbitration and investment arbitration. Lucia has in depth knowledge of construction disputes and disputes in the hydrocarbons, energy and mining sectors.
As advisor to the Ministry of Energy and Mines, Lucia acted as member of the Special Commission that represents the State in International Disputes in three treaty investment cases.Who´s Who Legal in Arbitration in 2017 and 2018 nominated Lucia as Future Leader Non Partner.
Representative Legal Matters
Represented owner in dispute against international and national contractors under EPC Contract in hydroelectric project.
Represented owner in dispute against international contractor under EPC Contract in thermic power generation project.
Represented owner in dispute against national contractor under EPC Contract in mining project.
Represented owner in arbitration against contractor in electric transmission line project.
Represented hydrocarbons producers in ICSID arbitration against Perupetro S.A.
Represented energy sector client in investment contract dispute against the State.
Represented construction company in concession contract disputes against the State.
Represented construction company in dispute under consortium agreement.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- ICC Advanced Arbitration Academy for Latin America 2016-2018.
- Equal Representation in Arbitration Pledge - Member, Steering Committee
- Lima Bar Association - Member
- Peru (2008)
- Harvard Law School (LL.M.) (2010)
- ESAN Graduate School of Business (Diploma in Finance in Regulation) (2008)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Lawyer) (2006)
- 2nd ICC Mexican Arbitration Day, Arbitrabilidad en el Arbitraje Societario, Mexico DF, 2018
- ICC YAF, “Análisis de un caso practico en arbitraje de construcción: retos frente a la corrupción”, Bogota 2017
- ICC YAF, “Multiculturalism in International Arbitration”, Rio de Janeiro, 2017
- Themis, Lima, “Curso de Litigación Oral” ¿Cómo convencer mediante la prueba?”, 2017
- Universidad del Pacifico/Bullard, Falla, Ezcurra, Lima, “El lado oscuro del arbitraje, 2017