Frances' practice spans a broad spectrum of financing work, with a particular focus on export and pre-export finance for major projects, pre-export trade finance and leveraged acquisition finance. Frances also acts on financial restructurings, advising across the capital structure: from financial sponsors, investee company borrowers to senior and junior creditors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising MTN Nigeria in connection with the USD 3 billion loan facilities provided by a consortium of local and international financial institutions including ECA support provided by EKN and Sinosure.
- Advising an international bank in relation on both a USD 193.7 million ECA-supported facility for Transorte Masivo de Panama SA to finance the acquisition of a fleet of 1000 buses as part of the implementation of a new bus rapid transit system in Panama City and the USD 353 million financing of the Transantiago bus network in Santiago, Chile.
- Advised a global alternative investments firm as sponsor on the restructuring of EUR 969 million debt of Sanitec, which involved Sanitec's EUR 839 million senior debt being reduced to EUR 300 million and EUR 130 million in second lien debt being wiped out completely, in exchange for lenders receiving a 22.5 percent stake in the restructured entity.
- Advised Exillon Finance Limited, wholly-owned subsidiary of the independent Russian oil producer Exillon Energy PLC, on its USD 50 million export finance facility arranged by Credit Suisse.
- Advised an international bank in connection with various cross-border oil and gas pre-export financings.
- Acted for a global alternative investments firm on their USD 1 billion buyout of Scandic Hotels from the Hilton group.
- Adviser to the Mauser Group, the global industrial packaging manufacturer and DIC investee company, including advising on the Group's leveraged senior facilities.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1999)
- University College London (LL.M.) (1998)
- University of Manchester (LL.B.) (1994)