Yu Okamura is a member of the Antitrust/Competition and Corporate/ M&A practice groups. Prior to joining the Firm, he worked at a number of other well-known law firms in Japan.
Yu has extensive experience advising clients on multijurisdictional merger control matters for M&A transactions. He is also experienced in handling international cartel matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented clients in a wide variety of industries – including the automotive, semiconductor, energy and pharmaceuticals industries – in multijurisdictional merger fillings.
- Conducted internal investigations and represented clients in international cartel investigations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2020)
- Japan (2009)
- University of California, Berkeley (LLM) (2018)
- University of Tokyo Graduate School for Law and Politics (JD) (2006)
- Keio University Faculty of Law (LLB) (2004)
- Speaker, "Emerging countries competition law seminar (6) Turkey," Fair Trade Institute, March 2020
- Speaker, "Summary of interim proposals for the revision of the Civil Code and their impact on industry," Financial Management Forums, Inc., May 2013
- Speaker, "Compliance Seminar: Effective training methods and concrete examples," Dai-Ichi Hoki Co, Ltd., December 2012
- Speaker, "Implications of the feed-in tariff law for renewable energy," Corporate Management Forums, Inc., July 2012
- Co-Author, “Overseas Competition Law by Learning Actual Violation Cases – Regulations and Sanctions – US, EU, BRICS and Asia Pacific Countries,” Daiichi Hoki, June 2020
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.