Baker & McKenzie LLP
Lola Ojeniyi is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Litigation and Government Enforcement Practice Group in Houston. Lola began her career with Baker McKenzie as a summer associate in 2018. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Lola served as a judicial extern to the Hon. Nancy Rosenstengel of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois.
Lola advises clients on domestic and international disputes. Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, international arbitration, investigations, and government enforcement matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represent an Italian-based construction materials manufacturer in subsequent Houston-seated AAA arbitration administered by the ICDR.
- Represent a private drilling and exploration company in multiple workplace employment investigations, including related litigations in state and federal court, including investigating claims and preparing cases for resolution at mediation or trial.
- Represent a cannabis company in a shareholder derivative claims dispute.
- Represent US-based, multinational EPC contractor in bringing claim for entitlement to disputed change orders and associated losses in the construction of a major oil refinery.
- Represent a private wealth management company and its owner in an SEC-enforcement action.
- Represent an IT services company in breach of contract actions against a consumer packaged goods company and manufacturer in state court and arbitration proceedings.
- Advise a US-based subsidiary of a multinational company on arbitration and litigation claims relating to the LNG industry.
- Represented an oil, gas, and oil-related company in a breach of contract action.
- Represented a Mexican subsidiary of a Spanish company against a Mexican subsidiary in a Belgian company in an ICC arbitration relating to the construction, operation and maintenance of a combined cycle power plant.
- Represented a private trademark renewal company in a government enforcement action resulting in a reduction or/and termination of previously instated debarment periods.
- Represented a data analytics company against a market research company in a breach of contract action.
- Advised a Mexican oil services company in a breach of contract dispute.
- Advised an American global investment company on due diligence and litigation risks relating to an acquisition of a global environmental consultancy firm.
- Advised a telecommunications company of cybersecurity risks and incident response.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- Houston Young Lawyers Association - Member
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- State Bar of Missouri - Member
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) - Mentor
- Texas~United States (2020)
- Missouri~United States (2020)
- Washington University School of Law (JD, cum laude) (2020)
- Texas A&M University (College Station, BS) (2012)
- Co-author, “Texas governor lifts COVID-19 mask requirements and business occupancy limits,” Baker McKenzie Client Alert, 2 March 2021
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.