Nick O'Donnell is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Corporate Department in London. He has over 20 years' experience advising on a wide range of corporate finance transactions. He has spent time on secondment in senior legal positions with Morgan Stanley and, more recently, Goldman Sachs and has also previously been based in New York and the UAE.
He is recognized in his field by The Legal 500 and by IFLR. He is regularly quoted and interviewed in the press on the market including, most recently, in the Sunday Telegraph, The Financial Times, Financial News and on CNBC.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Cargill on its GBP 1.5 billion acquisition of Provimi and its separate GBP 1.2 billion acquisition of EWOS.
- Advising on many European IPOs, including advising TBC Bank Group PLC on its London IPO and redomicilation to the UK, and subsequent Premium Listing.
- Advising Best Buy Inc. on its GBP 500 million joint venture sales transaction with Carphone Warehouse plc.
- Advising Vermeg Group NV on its recommended takeover of London-listed Lombard Risk Management plc.
- Advising Numis, as financial adviser to Camelot Capital Partners, in its recommended takeover of London-listed Synnovia plc.
- Advising on approximately 25 block trades, including for Bidvest, on its USD 287 million trade of shares in Bid Corp.
- Advising on many open offers, rights issues and placings including for HBOS plc on its GBP 4 billion rights issue.
- Advising ABN AMRO NV on the UK aspects of its proposed EUR 69 billion merger with Barclays plc.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - International Law and Practice Section
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2001)
- University of Durham (LLB (ELS)) (1998)