Nick O'Donnell is a partner in Baker McKenzie's corporate department in London. He has over 15 years' experience advising on a wide range of corporate finance transactions and is recognized in his field by The Legal 500. He has spent time on secondment with Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Macquarie and Mubadala. Although London based for the majority of his career, he has previously been located in Abu Dhabi and New York. He regularly publishes articles, and has been quoted and interviewed on the press and TV, on matters relating to the London market.
Nick advises on a wide range of public and private acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures and equity capital markets transactions. He has acted on many of the headline transactions in the London market and has a particular focus on transactions involving listed companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising TBC Bank on its London IPO.
- Advising Rowan Companies Inc. on its redomestication to the UK.
- Advising Cargill on its GBP1.5 billion acquisition of Provimi and its separate GBP1.2 billion acquisition of EWOS.
- Advising Best Buy Inc. on its GBP500 million sale transaction with Carphone Warehouse plc by reverse takeover.
- Advising Exillion Energy on its formal sale process.
- Advising HBOS plc on its GBP4 billion 2-for-5 rights issue.
- Advising ABN AMRO NV on the UK aspects of its proposed EUR69 billion merger with Barclays PLC.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - International Law and Practice Section
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2001)
- University of Durham (LLB (ELS)) (1998)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.