Geoff's practice focuses on acquisition finance, corporate lending, and restructuring and insolvency. He has worked with clients on matters involving lending products, particularly European Term Loan B, Unitranche and Bank/Bond financings, restructuring/insolvency and special situations matters. Geoff regularly advises boards, sponsors, special situations funds, creditors, debtors, insolvency practitioners and financial institutions on the insolvency aspects of their regulatory compliance.
Representative Legal Matters
Geoff handled the following matters prior to joining the Firm:
Acquisition finance and corporate lending:
- Advised TPG Capital on its separate proposed bids for Ethypharm (European TLB) and TMF Global (European TLB and bank/bond separate trees).
- Advised AEA on its proposed acquisition of John Guest (European TLB and Unitranche separate trees).
- Advised Cinven on its acquisition of CPA Global (European TLB structure).
- Advised CKI on the leveraged finance aspects of its public-to-private acquisition of the Northumbrian Water Group.
- Advised the lenders to Partners Group on its acquisition of Vermaat Groep B.V. (European TLB).
- Advised Permira Debt Managers on several unitranche/European TLB financings.
- Advised Marsh & McLennan Companies on its public-to-private acquisition of Jelf Group PLC.
- Advised the underwriters on the Schoeller Allibert bank/bond issuance (English law intercreditor and RCF together with NY law bonds).
- Advised the issuer on the RCS bank/bond issuance (English law intercreditor and RCF together with NY law bonds).
- Advised GSO as underwriter of a second lien rescue finance.
- Advised CVC on Parex’s tap issuance of new bonds.
Restructuring and Insolvency:
- Advised several financial institutions on the insolvency aspects of their regulatory compliance and liaising with UK regulatory bodies on their behalf.
- Advised Saudi Telecom Corporation and its board appointees in respect of the Turk Telecom restructuring.
- Advised the debtor in the Hanjin Shipping restructuring.
- Advised VGG as debtor, and KKR and CVC as shareholders (and their board appointees) on the VGG restructuring.
- Advised Stemcor as debtor on its restructurings implemented by way of schemes of arrangement and new financing arrangements.
- Advised Metrovacesa as debtor on its several schemes of arrangement and out-of-court restructurings.
- Advised TI Automotive as debtor on all aspects of its restructuring including its schemes of arrangement.
- Advised Bulgarian Telecom as debtor on all aspects of its restructuring including its schemes of arrangement.
- Advised Estro as debtor on all aspects of its restructuring including its scheme of arrangement.
- Advised Orizonia as debtor on all aspects of its restructuring.
- Advised a credit fund on a confidential loan-to-own pre-packaged receivership enforcement sale of a food manufacturing business.
- Advised the lenders in connection with the Luvata Heat Transfers restructuring.
- Advised the administrators of Cobra Beer on its pre-packaged administration.
- Advised Deutsche Bank on first and second lien facilities and convertible bond refinancing facility for a stressed bond issuer.
- Advised TPG on a first lien refinancing facility for a stressed bond issuer.
- Advised Alchemy Partners as majority creditor in respect of its loan-to-own purchase of Incisive Media, which was supported by management.
- Advised Alchemy Partners as majority creditor in respect of its loan-to-own purchase of Anglian Home Improvements Group, which was supported by management.
- Advised M&G, Ashmore and Gramercy on the restructuring of New World Resources’ high yield bonds.
- Advised the committee of bank guarantee providers on aspects of Imtech’s several restructurings.
- Advised Anchorage Capital, HSBC and Deutsche Bank on La Seda de Barcelona's restructuring.
- England & Wales (2006)