Thomas Obersteiner joined Baker McKenzie’s Barcelona office in 2010 and later moved to the Vienna office in 2012. From September 2015 until December 2016, he was seconded to the London office. Before he joined Baker McKenzie Thomas gained valuable experience while working as a lawyer for the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Competition, the World Trade Organization’s Appellate Body and the Vienna Court of Appeals (OLG Wien).
Thomas focuses on private antitrust litigation cases and international investment arbitration (investor-state disputes). He has in-depth knowledge of the energy industry (gas, power, renewables, etc.) and substantial experience in advising on energy law issues, ranging from price review arbitration to energy regulation. In addition, he handles the full spectrum of competition law matters, including merger filings, cartel investigations and abuse of dominance cases under Austrian and European Union law.
- Austria (2015)
- Barcelona University (LL.M.) (2012)
- Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration (M.B.A.) (2011)
- Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration (Master Economic Science) (2011)
- University of Vienna (Master of Laws) (2009)
- University of Texas at Austin (Joint Study BBA) (2008)
Diwok Hermann Petsche Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.