Francisco Nualart is an associate in the Santiago Energy, Mining and Infrastructure and the Real Estate and Practice Groups. He joined Baker McKenzie in June 2011. Francisco has experience on commercial negotiation, due diligence, M&A processes and complex transactions of mining companies, REITS and private equity He also handles commercial matters and inheritance matters, and regularly advises local and foreign companies on property planning, construction, developments. He is consulted regularly to spoke about matters pertaining with construction law, real estate investments, and contract risk allocation and more recently in topics pertaining with the COVID pandemic.
Francisco focuses his practice on infrastructure, mining and real estate matters. He advises shopping malls and supermarkets, and handles the negotiation of contract agreements. He also works on real estate transactions and other matters involving real estate and tenancy law. Francisco has experience on mining projects, involving contracts for the acquisition, sale and exploitation of mining companies and mining assets. He is involved in due diligence, acquisitions, transactions, negotiations and agreements of real estate and mining projects, as well as other commercial transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted Grupo Pochteca, a Mexican company specialized in the distribution of industrial products, in the acquisition of the Latin American operations of Ixom, a multinational company based in Australia. The operation involved the purchase of Ixom's operations, businesses and assets by Pochteca, which will expand its operations to Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Peru. Its operations will expand to the mining business and will consolidate the supply of chemical products.
- Assisted Constellation Brands Inc., the US-based multinational in the expansion of their wine business in Chile by means of the acquisition of the wine business of Arterra. Acquisition involved the assignment of agreements for over 10 million litters and positions to purchase over 7.5 million kilos of grapes. The APA was drafted by Baker McKenzie and negotiated with Arterra's legal team in the USA. Total amount of the transaction exceeded USD 20 million.
- Assisted in the coordination, elaboration and execution of the purchase of a 6,500 hectares estate and the preparation of the construction documents for an olive farm in Melipilla. Agroreservas purchased real estate property for USD 35 million in 2012. Also advised client on expropriations process by the Chilean Treasury for more than 12,000 m2, by the "Path of Fruit" (in Spanish, "Camino de la Fruta").
- Assisted PSA in the bidding process for the acquisition of a 40% participation in a port operator with operations in several jurisdictions in Latin America. Deal involved the review of the legal documentation of the Target Holding, envisaging labor, environmental, corporate and administrative matters. Likewise, prepared shareholders agreement and other ancillary documentation for the transaction. Value of the deal: approx. USD 700 million.
- Associate to Watch, Chambers & Partners Latin America Guide, 2016-2021
- Leading Lawyer, Leading Lawyers 2014
- Ranked as Next Generation Lawyer for Energy and Natural Resources: Mining, - Chile, The Legal 500, 2018-2020
- Chile (2012)
- London School of Economics (LL.M.) (2016)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica (Diploma in Real Estate) (2013)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica (LL.B.) (2011)