Pavel Novikov is an associate in the Moscow office of Baker McKenzie. He focuses on domestic litigation and international commercial arbitration, specifically on insolvency and restructuring disputes. He represents clients in commercial, corporate and administrative (regulatory) disputes. He also acts on behalf of the clients in criminal investigations and cases.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a European bank as part of the bankruptcy of a leasing company with a total claim amount of more than RUB 500 million.
- Represented a collateral creditor as part of the bankruptcy of a management company with a total claim amount of more than RUB 2.5 billion.
- Represented creditors as part of the bankruptcy of an insurance company (the largest bankruptcy of an insurance company in the RF) with a total claim amount of more than RUB 3 billion.
- Represented a collateral creditor as part of the bankruptcy of a shipbuilding company with a total claim amount of more than USD 10 million.
- Represented the interests of a western agro-industrial lending company in bankruptcy cases heard in arbitrazh (commercial) courts of the Belgorod and Kursk oblasts, and in parallel proceedings in Moscow, in which claims were contested which had led to the opening of said bankruptcy cases.
- Represented creditors as part of the bankruptcy of an automobile manufacturer with a claim of more than EUR 6.3 million.
- Represented a subsidiary of a large gas and oil holding company, as part of a bankruptcy (observation and financial rehabilitation procedures).
- Represented a construction investment company, as part of its bankruptcy claim, at the Arbitrazh court of the Khanty-Mansiysky district, Yugra (legal assistance as part of observation and bankruptcy proceedings).
- Represented an oil and gas company as a creditor in the bankruptcy of a contractor, with a total of more than RUB 50 million.
- Represented a non-state pension fund as a creditor in the bankruptcy of a property developer, with a total claim amount of more than RUB 3 billion.
- Leading Insolvency Lawyer in Russia, Kommersant 2019
- Next Generation Lawyer, Legal 500 EMEA 2019
- Leading Individual in Restructuring & Bankruptcy, Chambers Global, 2015-2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- INSOL Fellow (International Insolvency Practitioner)
- Russia (2009)
- State University - Higher School of Economics (HSE) (Diploma Law) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.