Jonathan is an associate Baker McKenzie’s Chicago office and a member of the firm’s Transactional Practice Group. Throughout his career, he has represented large multinational companies in a variety of industries, including retail, health care, and financial services. His clients regularly rely on him to provide practical solutions to complex, interrelated issues involving multiple jurisdictions with an understanding of their individual business models and the needs of various stakeholders.
He also proudly provides pro bono legal services to local Chicago and national non-profit organizations and the communities they serve.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a medical devices company in a legal entity rationalization after a USD 25 billion acquisition involving 30 countries.
- Represented a medical devices company on the carve out and spin-off of its diabetes care business, involving 45 countries and valued at USD 1.1 billion.
- Represented an NYSE-listed utility company on debt offerings totaling over USD 1 billion.
- Represented QinetiQ Group plc in the acquisition of Avantus Federal LLC from NewSpring, for an enterprise value of USD 590 million.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Black Men Lawyers’ Association
- The Florida Bar
- Florida~United States
- University of Alabama School of Law (LL.M. in Business Transactions) (2017)
- Florida Coastal School of Law (J.D.) (2012)