Hideo Norikoshi has over 25 years experience working on a wide range of cross-border M&A transactions, joint ventures and corporate and corporate finance matters in Europe and Asia. He has advised numerous multinational companies, international investment banks and government organizations on landmark transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, public takeovers, corporate restructurings, private equity, international offerings and listing, structured finance and project finance. Hideo spent 10 years in the Japanese civil service from 1980 to 1990 before qualifying as a solicitor. In Japan, he is listed as a leading international lawyer for Corporate/M&A by Chambers Asia-Pacific in 2011-2017.
Hideo's main area of practice is Corporate/M&A. He focuses on cross-border M&A (both public and private) and joint ventures. He has advised on transactions in numerous jurisdictions including the UK, Germany, France, Belgium, Spain, Austria, China, Singapore, Thailand, Brazil, Australia, the US and Japan.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Dentsu in its public takeover of Aegis Group Plc in the UK.
- Acted for AGC in its acquisition of a majority shareholding in Vinythai.
- Acted for a Japanese housing industry manufacturer in its acquisition of an Australian manufacturer.
- Acted for a Japanese housing industry manufacturer in its acquisition of majority shares in a Spanish manufacturer and creation of a joint venture.
- Acted for a healthcare company in its global disposal of a non-core business to its competitor.
- Acted for a European medical devices manufacturer in the dissolution of its relationship with a Japanese distributor and the creation of its own distribution network.
- Acted for a Japanese chemicals manufacturer in its joint venture with a Thai competitor.
- Acted for a US private equity firm in its acquisition of a distressed electronics manufacturer operating in multiple jurisdictions.
- Acted for a Japanese electronic machinery manufacturer in its acquisition of a Belgian competitor.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dai-Ni Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- Japan (Attorney at Foreign Law)~Japan (1999)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1994)
- University of Oxford (1983)
- University of Tokyo (1980)
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.