Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Dentsu in its public takeover of Aegis Group Plc in the UK.
- Acted for AGC in its acquisition of a majority shareholding in Vinythai.
- Acted for a Japanese housing industry manufacturer in its acquisition of an Australian manufacturer.
- Acted for a Japanese housing industry manufacturer in its acquisition of majority shares in a Spanish manufacturer and creation of a joint venture.
- Acted for a healthcare company in its global disposal of a non-core business to its competitor.
- Acted for a European medical devices manufacturer in the dissolution of its relationship with a Japanese distributor and the creation of its own distribution network.
- Acted for a Japanese chemicals manufacturer in its joint venture with a Thai competitor.
- Acted for a US private equity firm in its acquisition of a distressed electronics manufacturer operating in multiple jurisdictions.
- Acted for a Japanese electronic machinery manufacturer in its acquisition of a Belgian competitor.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dai-Ni Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- Japan (Attorney at Foreign Law)~Japan (1999)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1994)
- University of Oxford (1983)
- The University of Tokyo (1980)
Co-author, "Handling International Cartel Investigations," International Business Law, Vol. 38, No. 2, 2010
Author, UK Companies Act 2006 series, "Takeover Rules," International Business Law, Vol. 35, Nos. 4 and 5, 2007
Author, UK Companies Act 2006 series, "Directors," International Business Law, Vol. 34, Nos. 6 and 7, 2006
Lecturer, "Recent Trends in Business Transactions," Faculty of Commerce post graduate course, Waseda University, 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 winter terms
Lecturer, "International Business Realignment," ICS post graduate course, Hitotsubashi University, 2008-2009, 2010-2011 and 2012-2013 winter terms