Kenta Nobe is a member of the Corporate/M&A Group in the Firm's Tokyo office. He advises on general corporate law matters, including domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, reorganization transactions, corporate governance and compliance, and sports law matters. Prior to joining the Firm, he worked for a major electronics company in Japan. Kenta has legal internship experience at Kamakura International FC and Japan Football Association, and he was also seconded to a global consulting firm.
Representative Legal Matters
Mergers and acquisitions
- Represented an electronics manufacturer listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange in connection with its bid to acquire the medical device business of a global Japanese electronics manufacturer.
- Represented a leading internet-related business company in its acquisition of a Japanese internet business company operating in Japan and some African countries.
- Acted for a domestic private equity fund in connection with its acquisition of a domestic semiconductor manufacturer.
- Represented a domestic private equity fund in connection with its acquisition of a Japanese aircraft equipment manufacturer operating in Japan and some Southeast Asian countries.
- Advised a prominent global consulting firm in connection with its global corporate restructuring.
- Represented a leading Japanese optical instrument manufacturer in connection with its global corporate restructuring.
- Acted for a US company involved in the nuclear power industry in connection with its global corporate restructuring.
- Represented a leading golf course management company in connection with its acquisition of several golf courses in Japan.
- Advised an Olympics-related company on matters related to the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
- Acted for a major global clothing company in a labor dispute.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- Japan (2013)
- Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economia of Barcelona (Master in International Sports Law) (2020)
- Keio University Law School (JD) (2011)
- Keio University (LLB) (2009)
- Co-translator, "Rethinking the European Union Post-crisis," Iwanami Shoten, October 2017
- Co-translator, "EU Competition Law and E-commerce: a love-hate relationship?," Kosei-Torihiki, 798: 58-61, 799: 29-33, 800: 71-75, April 2017, May 2017, June 2017