Kengo Nishigaki joined Baker McKenzie in 2000. From 2004 to 2005, he worked at the Firm’s Chicago office where he assisted a major manufacturer of defense-related products in matters involving compliance with the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), and in a case related to an international joint venture. Mr. Nishigaki serves as a lecturer in various seminars, including those related to fraud investigations and the US FCPA. He is admitted to practice in Japan and New York.
Representative Legal Matters
- Conducted fraud investigations as a member of an independent committee of a Japan-listed company.
- Conducted fraud investigations and represented a major IT-related company in a lawsuit.
- Conducted investigations on fraudulent information leakage and represented client in a lawsuit.
- Negotiated with authorities on issues related to fraudulent information leakage.
- Negotiated with authorities for a major cellphone manufacturer on issues related to a product recall.
- Conducted collective bargaining associated with a major financial institution’s withdrawal from Japan.
- Represented a major financial institution in a lawsuit with respect to the issuance of bonds.
- Established a joint venture in relation to the management of ANA hotels by the InterContinental Hotels Group (utilizing a joint venture company under the new Companies Act).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Japan Federation of Bar Associations
- Tokyo Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- New York~United States (2005)
- Japan (2000)
- New York University School of Law (LL.M.) (2004)
- University of Tokyo (LL.B.) (1998)