Brad's practice focuses on the energy, mining and infrastructure sectors. He advises investors, developers, lenders and contractors on construction, operation, acquisition and divestment of large-scale projects. His experience includes transportation, mining, energy and power generation projects in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Asia and the Middle East. He has also advised various government agencies and sponsors on a variety of public infrastructure projects, including hospitals, law enforcement facilities and transportation projects.
Brad has experience with various types of projects, including P3/PFI projects, traditional procurement and bespoke structures. He has also practiced in the Canadian real property development and project finance spheres.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised an international consortium in respect of the construction, financing and operation of a 470 megawatt oil shale-fired power station and associated oil shale mine in Jordan.
- Advised a major European energy developer in respect of their divestment of a 50% stake in a 573 megawatt offshore wind farm off the coast of England, and in respect of their structuring of the construction, operation and corporate arrangements to govern the project following the divestment.
- Advised a UK government-related authority on its purchase of a stake in a 400 megawatt offshore wind farm off the coast of England, and in respect of their structuring of the construction, operation and corporate arrangements to govern the project following the acquisition.
- Advised a major UK construction company in respect of their proposed entering into of a railway franchise agreement (and related network expansion construction agreements) as part of a joint venture arrangement.
- Advised a major UK aerospace contractor with respect to their development of a large-scale aerospace maintenance facility in the Middle East.
- Advised a US-based investor with respect to its investment in a portfolio of ground-mounted and roof-mounted photovoltaic solar generation installations in the United Kingdom.
- Advised an international energy developer with respect to its development of a 150 MW wind power project in Ontario, Canada.
- Advised an Ontario public entity with respect to the construction of a subway extension project across its lands in Toronto, Canada.
- Advised an Ontario public authority in respect of its development of seven DBFM/DBF P3/PFI projects across the province of Ontario, Canada.
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2016)
- Ontario~Canada (2008)
- Osgoode Hall Law School (LL.B.) (2007)
- London School of Economics (M.Sc. Political Theory) (2004)
- University of Western Ontario (Bachelor of Science Genetics and Political Science with Honors) (2003)