Emily is a senior associate in the Construction and Major Projects group. She advises principals and contractors in the energy, resources, infrastructure and manufacturing sectors.
Her work extends across the project lifespan, from preparation and negotiation of contracts, through to contract administration and project delivery advice, and assistance with claims and disputes.
She regularly acts in court proceedings and other forms of dispute resolution, including mediations, expert determinations and security of payment adjudications.
She also has experience in a range of transactional matters. She prepares and negotiates contracts for principals, contractors, consultants and suppliers on major infrastructure projects, renewables projects and commercial developments.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for the supply, operate and maintain contractor on ongoing claims and contract management on the Parramatta Light Rail project.
- Advising the operate and maintain contractor on claims on the Sydney Light Rail project.
- Acting for head contractor in disputes on Perth Airport Terminal 1 Domestic Pier and International Departures Expansion project.
- Advising renewable energy developers on the design and construction of wind and solar farms across Australia.
- Advising a multinational renewables developer on ongoing claims and contract management on wind farm projects in Victoria.
- Acted for the head contractor in an upstream dispute with the client (including security of payment claims) and a downstream dispute with the designer arising from a sewage treatment plant project in Queensland.
- Acted for a multinational renewables supplier in disputes arising on various wind farm projects across Queensland and New South Wales.
- Acted for an essential infrastructure services provider in the negotiation of large-scale facilities maintenance contracts for government-owned assets (including the New South Wales Country Rail Network).
- Advised large infrastructure contractor on its successful bids for Sydney Road Assets Performance project and Parkes Special Activation Precinct project in New South Wales.
- Advised a shortlisted JV on its bid for Warringah Freeway Upgrade project in New South Wales.
- Acted for confidential bidder in acquisition of publicly listed company with portfolio of wind and solar farms
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Society of Construction Law Australia - Member
- National Association of Women in Construction - Member
- Queensland Law Society Ethics Committee - Committee Member
- Queensland Law Society - Member
- Queensland~Australia (2016)
- University of Queensland (LL.B., Honours)
- University of Queensland (B.A.)
- Contributor to seminars on contractual indemnities and allocation of risk
- Author, "Chain of Responsibility Reforms: A Vehicle for Change in Road Transport Safety," Proctor (March 2018)
- Author, "The Hard Road Ahead: 'Due Diligence' Obligation under the New Chain of Responsibility Regime," Governance Directions (February 2018)