Representative Legal Matters
- Advising several globally operating companies from various industries on the implementation of the GDPR.
- Advising a car manufacturer on the data protection framework applicable to telematics services in several countries.
- Advised a German car rental company on the Europe-wide review of direct marketing activities, including compliance with data protection requirements.
- Advised Japanese Toppan Printing Co., Ltd., one of the global leaders in the printing industry, on the acquisition of Germany based Interprint Group from Wrede Industrieholding as regards IT law questions.
Prior to joining the Firm, Nadine was involved in several notable transactions, including:
- Seconded to one of the leading German energy suppliers to advise on information technology and data protection law.
- Advised and represented a globally leading logistic company on the sourcing of an complex and individually developed IT solution for the global implementation of its new business processes.
- Advised a multinational noble metal and technology company on the sale of its dental business to a Japanese chemical company, including the structure of comprehensive transitional services.
- Advised a leading German media company on the acquisition of large parts of print media from a German publishing company on the data protection law aspects as well as transitional services agreements.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) (2019)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Recht & Informatik e.V. (DGRI) - Member
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) - Member
- Germany (2012)
- King's College London, UK (LLM) (2017)
- Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt (Assessor Exam) (2012)
- University of Freiburg (Referendar Exam) (2010)
Co-author (with Michaela Nebel, Holger Lutz, Michael Schmidl, Florian Tannen, Julia Kaufmann), "Germany - Schrems II: Opinion of the European Data Protection Committee," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 24 July 2020
Author, "Überprüfung der Modelle zur Datenübermittlung in Drittländer," Zeitschrift für Datenschutz, February 2018
Author, "Big Data - ungenutzte Chancen und bestehender Handlungsbedarf," Tagungsband der DSRI Herbstakademie, September 2017
Author, "Could the "EU-US Privacy Shield despite the serious concerns raised by European Institutions act as a role model for transborder data transfers to third countries?" SSRN, 2016
Co-author (Daniel Pauly, Christoph Ritzer), "Gilt europäisches Datenschutzrecht auch für Niederlassungen ohne Datenverarbeitung?" Zeitschrift für Datenschutz, September 2013