Nadine Neumeier LL.M.
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern
Nadine Neumeier, LL.M. (King's College London), re-joined Baker McKenzie Frankfurt as a counsel in July 2022. Prior to re-joining Baker McKenzie, she practiced information technology and data protection law with another global law firm. Nadine has been recognized as one of Germany's Best Lawyers (Beste Anwälte) for IT law by Best Lawyers/Handelsblatt 2022. Nadine studied law at the University of Freiburg and clerked in Frankfurt and Sydney. She also studied at the King's College London and gained an Intellectual Property & Information Law LL.M. She is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and a Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) since 2019. She is also co-founder of the DSRI Female Netcademy (a network for German-speaking female IT lawyers).
Nadine advises national and international companies in different sectors (in particular, technology, communications, automotive, transportation, financial institutions and energy) on all aspects of information technology law and data protection law. Her practice focuses on complex commercial and IT contracts as well as information technology law/data protection law in connection with cross-border M&A transactions and carve-outs. She also provides advice on global data privacy, data protection, cyber security, digital media, and other legal and regulatory issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising companies on investigations by/proceedings with the data protection authorities.
- Advised a technology company in the area of eDiscovery on the Europe-wide review of standard business terms (with previous law firm).
- Advised a company in the area of digital health solutions on multiple (software) development agreements and cooperation agreements with startups (with previous law firm).
- Advised various startups on IT agreement arrangements, legal issues relating to data protection and direct marketing activities (with previous law firm).
- Advised a car-sharing provider with regard to IT and data protection law matters.
- Advised an Asian car manufacturer on information technology, e-commerce and data protection law related questions in connection with connected car services.
- Advised Paragon Partners on IT and data protection law related questions in connection with the acquisition of Castolin Eutectic.
- Advised a multinational wholesale company on the establishment of a strategic partnership with a leading retailer in China.
- Advised a global telecommunication company on the acquisition of a European cloud communications company with respect to telecommunications law issues.
- Advised a private equity company on the acquisition of a merger in the field of consulting, management and technology-based services in the IP sector.
- Advised several globally operating companies from various industries on the implementation of the GDPR.
- Germany's best lawyers 2022 for IT law, Handelsblatt
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Co-founder of the DSRI Female Netcademy (2021)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) (since 2019)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Recht & Informatik e.V. (DGRI)
- Frankfurter Anwaltsverein e.V. davit - Working Group IT Law in the German Bar Association e.V.
- Germany (2012)
- King's College London (LLM) (2016)
- Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt (Assessor Exam) (2012)
- University of Freiburg (Referendar Exam) (2010)
- Co-author (with Daniel Heinrichs), "Ransomware-Angriff – und jetzt? – Teil 1 and 2," Compliance Berater (CB), January and February 2022.
- Author, "Präventive Maßnahmen gegen Ransomware-Attacken sind unerlässlich," Der Betrieb, August 2021.
- Author, "KI in der Finanz- und Versicherungsbranche: Mehr Rechtssicherheit wünschenswert," Cash.Online, June 2021.
- Author, "Warenkauf und digitale Inhalte: Das neue BGB-Vertragsrecht," Legal Tribune Online, June 2021.
- Co-author (with Andrea Ziegler), "M&A-Transaktionen im Licht des Datenschutzes,” M&A REVIEW, 1-2/2021.
- Co-speaker (with Haya Shulman and Anne Brandenburg), "Cyber-Attacken – Die Herausforderung unserer Zeit," DSRI Female Netcademy, Online Event, September 2021.
- Author, "Datenschutzrechtliche Millionengeldbußen bedrohen die M&A Branche - Was ist in der Planung der Due Diligence zu beachten?" Legal Revolutionary, November 2020.
- Co-author, "Regulating artificial intelligence in the EU: What do ‘high-risk’ AI systems mean for future technological advancement?" Dentons "Business Going Digital" online guide, June 2021.
- Co-author, “Germany - Schrems II: Opinion of the European Data Protection Committee,” Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, July 2020.
- Author, "Überprüfung der Modelle zur Datenübermittlung in Drittländer," Zeitschrift für Datenschutz, February 2018.
- Author, "Big Data - ungenutzte Chancen und bestehender Handlungsbedarf," Tagungsband der DSRI Herbstakademie, September 2017.
- Author, "Could the "EU-U.S. Privacy Shield despite the serious concerns raised by European institutions act as a role model for transborder data transfers to third countries?" SSRN, 2016.
- Co-author (with A. Pauly, C. Ritzer), "Gilt europäisches Datenschutzrecht auch für Niederlassungen ohne Datenverarbeitung?" Zeitschrift für Datenschutz, September 2013.
Firm Committee Memberships
- Member of the GER/AUT D&I Committee
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.