Representative Legal Matters
- Advising several globally operating companies from various industries on the implementation of the GDPR.
- Advising a car manufacturer on the data protection framework applicable to telematics services in several countries.
Prior to joining the Firm, Nadine was involved in several notable transactions, including:
- Seconded to one of the leading German energy suppliers to advise on information technology and data protection law.
- Advised several globally operating companies from various industries on the implementation of the GDPR.
- Advised and represented a globally leading logistic company on the sourcing of an complex and individually developed IT solution for the global implementation of its new business processes.
- Advised a multinational noble metal and technology company on the sale of its dental business to a Japanese chemical company, including the structure of comprehensive transitional services.
- Advised a leading German media company on the acquisition of large parts of print media from a German publishing company on the data protection law aspects as well as transitional services agreements.
- Advised a major German bank on matters related to internal investigations from a data protection and banking secrecy perspective.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) (2019)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Recht & Informatik e.V. (DGRI) - Member
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) - Member
- Germany (2012)
- King's College London, UK (LLM) (2017)
- Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt (Assessor Exam) (2012)
- University of Freiburg (Referendar Exam) (2010)
Author, "Überprüfung der Modelle zur Datenübermittlung in Drittländer," Zeitschrift für Datenschutz, February 2018
Author, "Big Data - ungenutzte Chancen und bestehender Handlungsbedarf," Tagungsband der DSRI Herbstakademie, September 2017
Author, "Could the "EU-US Privacy Shield despite the serious concerns raised by European Institutions act as a role model for transborder data transfers to third countries?" SSRN, 2016
Co-author (Daniel Pauly, Christoph Ritzer), "Gilt europäisches Datenschutzrecht auch für Niederlassungen ohne Datenverarbeitung?" Zeitschrift für Datenschutz, September 2013
Speaker, "Big Data - ungenutzte Chancen und bestehender Handlungsbedarf," DSRI Herbstakademie 2017, September 2017