Nadine Neumeier is a senior associate in the Frankfurt office and member of the Baker McKenzie IT/C Practice Group since April 2018. She was admitted as an attorney to the German bar in September 2012. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, she practiced information technology and data protection law with an international law firm, ultimately as managing associate. During this period, Nadine also studied at the King's College London and gained an "Intellectual Property & Information Law LL.M.". She studied law at the University of Freiburg and clerked in Frankfurt and Sydney. She is also the author of articles on data protection law and, in particular, big data. While with the previous law firm Nadine engaged in the pro bono project for Acid Survivors Trust International.
Nadine advises national and international companies in different economic sectors (in particular the IT, telecommunications and financial sector) on all aspects of information technology law and data protection law. Her practice focuses on domestic and cross-border data protection matters and IT and business outsourcing projects.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Nadine was involved in several notable transactions, including:
- Seconded to one of the leading German energy suppliers to advise on information technology and data protection law.
- Advised several globally operating companies from various industries on the implementation of the GDPR.
- Advised and represented a globally leading logistic company on the sourcing of an complex and individually developed IT solution for the global implementation of its new business processes.
- Advised a multinational noble metal and technology company on the sale of its dental business to a Japanese chemical company, including the structure of comprehensive transitional services.
- Advised a leading German media company on the acquisition of large parts of print media from a German publishing company on the data protection law aspects as well as transitional services agreements.
- Advised a major German bank on matters related to internal investigations from a data protection and banking secrecy perspective.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Recht & Informatik e.V. (DGRI) - Member
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) - Member
- Germany (2012)
- King's College London, UK (LLM) (2017)
- Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt (Assessor Exam) (2012)
- University of Freiburg (Referendar Exam) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.