Representative Legal Matters
- Advising companies on investigations by/proceedings with the data protection authorities.
- Advised a technology company in the area of eDiscovery on the Europe-wide review of standard business terms (with previous law firm).
- Advised a company in the area of digital health solutions on multiple (software) development agreements and cooperation agreements with startups (with previous law firm).
- Advised various startups on IT agreement arrangements, legal issues relating to data protection and direct marketing activities (with previous law firm).
- Advised a car-sharing provider with regard to IT and data protection law matters.
- Advised an Asian car manufacturer on information technology, e-commerce and data protection law related questions in connection with connected car services.
- Advised Paragon Partners on IT and data protection law related questions in connection with the acquisition of Castolin Eutectic.
- Advised a multinational wholesale company on the establishment of a strategic partnership with a leading retailer in China.
- Advised a global telecommunication company on the acquisition of a European cloud communications company with respect to telecommunications law issues.
- Advised a private equity company on the acquisition of a merger in the field of consulting, management and technology-based services in the IP sector.
- Advised several globally operating companies from various industries on the implementation of the GDPR.
- Germany's best lawyers 2022 for IT law, Handelsblatt
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Co-founder of the DSRI Female Netcademy (2021)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) (since 2019)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Recht & Informatik e.V. (DGRI)
- Frankfurter Anwaltsverein e.V. davit - Working Group IT Law in the German Bar Association e.V.
- Germany (2012)
- King's College London (LLM) (2016)
- Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt (Assessor Exam) (2012)
- University of Freiburg (Referendar Exam) (2010)
- Co-author (with Daniel Heinrichs), "Ransomware-Angriff – und jetzt? – Teil 1 and 2," Compliance Berater (CB), January and February 2022.
- Author, "Präventive Maßnahmen gegen Ransomware-Attacken sind unerlässlich," Der Betrieb, August 2021.
- Author, "KI in der Finanz- und Versicherungsbranche: Mehr Rechtssicherheit wünschenswert," Cash.Online, June 2021.
- Author, "Warenkauf und digitale Inhalte: Das neue BGB-Vertragsrecht," Legal Tribune Online, June 2021.
- Co-author (with Andrea Ziegler), "M&A-Transaktionen im Licht des Datenschutzes,” M&A REVIEW, 1-2/2021.
- Co-speaker (with Haya Shulman and Anne Brandenburg), "Cyber-Attacken – Die Herausforderung unserer Zeit," DSRI Female Netcademy, Online Event, September 2021.
- Author, "Datenschutzrechtliche Millionengeldbußen bedrohen die M&A Branche - Was ist in der Planung der Due Diligence zu beachten?" Legal Revolutionary, November 2020.
- Co-author, "Regulating artificial intelligence in the EU: What do ‘high-risk’ AI systems mean for future technological advancement?" Dentons "Business Going Digital" online guide, June 2021.
- Co-author, “Germany - Schrems II: Opinion of the European Data Protection Committee,” Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, July 2020.
- Author, "Überprüfung der Modelle zur Datenübermittlung in Drittländer," Zeitschrift für Datenschutz, February 2018.
- Author, "Big Data - ungenutzte Chancen und bestehender Handlungsbedarf," Tagungsband der DSRI Herbstakademie, September 2017.
- Author, "Could the "EU-U.S. Privacy Shield despite the serious concerns raised by European institutions act as a role model for transborder data transfers to third countries?" SSRN, 2016.
- Co-author (with A. Pauly, C. Ritzer), "Gilt europäisches Datenschutzrecht auch für Niederlassungen ohne Datenverarbeitung?" Zeitschrift für Datenschutz, September 2013.
Firm Committee Memberships
- Member of the GER/AUT D&I Committee
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.