Dr. Daniel Neudecker is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Berlin office and a member of the Firm's M&A / Corporate group and Energy & Infrastructure group. Prior to joining the Firm, he practiced in another international law firm’s M&A/corporate department for three years, focusing on regulated industries as well as mechanical and plant engineering industry.
As part of his legal traineeship, Daniel worked for leading international law firms in Berlin. He completed a two-month secondment in the legal department of Schuler AG, the global market leader in metal forming technology, and a six-month secondment in the legal department of the European Investment Fund where he advised on equity investments.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Commerz Real Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft (KVG) on the acquisition of the wind farm Fläming (16.8 MW) for its "CR Institutional Renewable Energies Fund."
- Advised the banking consortium on financing the acquisition of the German sub-metering group ista, one of the world's leading energy efficiency providers, by a Chinese joint venture consisting of CK Infrastructure Holdings Limited (CKI) and Cheung Kong Property Holdings Limited.
- Advised Creos Deutschland Holding GmbH on the acquisition of all shares in STEAG Netz GmbH in a bidding process.
- Advised Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc. and Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Co. Ltd. on the acquisition of participations in two Offshore TSOs, that operate the offshore HVDC-transmission lines BorWin 1, BorWin 2, DolWin 2 and HelWin 2.
- Advising ALBA Group on joint ventures regarding its China business and its service segment with Techcent in an auction process.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Daniel handled the following matters:
- Advised Swiss Life/Enovos on the envisaged acquisition of the German transmission network operator Thyssengas in an auction process.
- Advised Schuler on the acquisition of AWEBA Group, the leading tool manufacturer group.
- Advised an infrastructure fund on the envisaged acquisition of Erdgasversorgungsgesellschaft/Erdgastransportgesellschaft Thüringen-Sachsen in a bidding process.
- Advised Commerzbank on all project related agreements in connection with the project financing of the 109 MW Hüselitz wind farm, Germany's largest onshore wind farm project in 2015.
- Advised Vattenfall on the disposal of its engineering and laboratory unit in an auction process.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German-Luxembourgish association of lawyers - Co-founder
- Germany (2010)
- Higher Court of Berlin (Second State Exam) (2010)
- Free University of Berlin (Doctor Juris) (2009)
- Georg August University Gottingen (First State Exam) (2005)