Amir Nasr is a senior associate at Helmy, Hamza & Partners, Baker McKenzie Cairo. He received his LLB from Ain Shams University's Law Faculty in 2003 and was admitted to the Egyptian Bar Association in the same year.
He focuses on dispute resolution.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented an Egyptian bank in connection with an EGP 113 million compensation case against an airline company.
- Represented an international medical devices manufacturer in the EGP 1.24 billion compensation case regarding the termination of the agency agreement.
- Represented Egypt's main fixed line telecommunications company in connection with four arbitration cases.
- Representing one of the world’s leading medical technology companies in connection with court case filed by the distributor in Egypt.
- Assisted Banque Misr S.A.E. on a real estate development transaction for Arab Company for Projects and Urban Developments S.A.E. to develop constructional projects in residential cities of Al-Rehab and Madinaty with a total of EGP 4 billion.
- Acted for a multilateral financial institution regarding a lawsuit against a company that manufactures compressors in connection with a EUR 6,000,000 indebtedness.
- Acted for one of the leading poultry producers in connection with legal proceedings against a former senior employee for the embezzlement of an amount of EGP 3 million from the employees’ fund during his capacity as its account manager.
- Acted for a Canadian multinational banking and financial services company in connection with a tax dispute.
- Acted for a leading Saudi investment group in a USD 200 million compensation case initiated by an Egyptian grain-based agribusiness against the Egyptian subsidiary of the Saudi group.
- Acted for an American Irish-domiciled multinational conglomerate in connection with a lawsuit filed against a retail company for USD 500,000 bounced checks.
- Egypt (2003)
- Ain Shams University (LLB) (2003)
Helmy Hamza & Partners is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.