Representative Legal Matters
- Advised client on applicable options for termination of employment with a number of employees involved in compliance violations revealed during global investigation. Successfully representing client and prevailed in a highly important and precedent case on dismissal of distant employees for compliance violations.
- Advised VF, a worldwide apparel and footwear company, on internal restructuring, change of employees' scope of work and subsequent termination of employment. Advised the client on various issues related to bonus payment to a terminated employee.
- Advised a multinational luxury jewelry and specialty retailer on applying disciplinary measures against the employee who violated the company's conflict of interest policy.
- Represented a large pharmaceutical company in a court dispute with an employee, who falls under a category of employees protected from dismissal due to staff redundancy, due to organizational changes in the company.
- Represented Whirpool, a manufacturer of home appliances, in a dispute initiated by a former head of legal who was made redundant.
- Successfully represented a large nonprofit religious organization in an employment dispute with an individual entrepreneur who has been providing various technical services to client for almost 10 years.
- Advised a manufacturer of home appliances in negotiations with a top manager, who violated company's conflict of interest policy.
- Represented a large pharmaceutical company in an employment dispute with a former employee claiming reinstatement at work.
- Represented a large multinational bank in a court dispute with an employee, who claimed that the employer has treated him unfairly and forced him to resign.
- Advised a batteries manufacturer on forming a strategy for disciplinary dismissal of a poorly performing employee protected from termination due to staff redundancy, who created a nominal trade union in order to complicate his dismissal.
Rising star, Legal 500 EMEA, 2020-2021
- Russia (2013)
- Russian Peoples Friendship University (2013)
Georgy Mzhavanadze is the author of a number of articles on labor and data protection law. He also participated as a speaker in a number of conferences and seminars in this area.