Renée Musters is an associate in the Litigation & Arbitration practice of Baker McKenzie's Amsterdam office, and a member of the Firm's Global Dispute Resolution Practice Group. She focuses her practice on commercial litigation, and national and international arbitration.
Renée represents clients from a wide variety of industry sectors before state courts and in arbitration proceedings administered by a range a leading arbitration institutes, such as the ICC.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted in several proceedings (e.g., NAI arbitration, separate arbitral interim relief proceedings, mediation and interim relief court proceedings) for an international client on a joint venture dispute against its Dutch counterpart with respect to the shares in a joint venture company. A favorable settlement was reached.
- Acted in ICC arbitration for an international drilling and production services company in the oil and gas industry regarding its exit of a joint venture agreement.
- Acted in an emerging post-M&A dispute for an international company.
- Successfully represented a financial institution against a claim for a breach of its duty of care.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Amsterdam Young Bar Association
- Dutch Bar Association (NOvA)
- Association for Liability and Damages Law (VASR)
- Association for Corporate Litigation (VCL)
- Netherlands Arbitration Institute Young Arbitration Practitioners (NAI Jong Oranje)
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2013)
- Tilburg University (Masters International Business Law cum laude) (2012)
- University of Utrecht (Masters Corporate Law) (2011)
- University of Nottingham (LL.B.) (2009)