Carlos Muskus joined Baker McKenzie's Energy, Mining & Infrastructure Practice Group in 2019 as a senior associate in Mexico City. He has a solid industry expertise, with over 10 years of experience advising companies in cross-border transactions involving energy and infrastructure projects, mergers and acquisition, project development and finance matters, oil and gas projects, and government contracting.
Carlos focuses his practice in the energy and infrastructure sector, and specializes in mergers and acquisitions, development and finance of conventional and renewable electric power projects, frequently advises commercial and development finance institutions providing credit facilities for the development, construction and operation of infrastructure projects, advises developers and operators of oil and gas projects, and provides legal advice in energy and financial transactions. He has broad experience advising clients in government contracting, public bids and public-private partnerships.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the Mexican subsidiaries of Engie in the financing of its Mexican renewable platform, comprised of four solar facilities and two wind farms, with an aggregated generation capacity of 721 MW.
- Advised Infrared Capital Partners and Grupo Invex in the acquisition of four solar generation facilities in the north of Mexico, with an aggregated generation capacity of 120 MW.
- Advised several companies involved in the commercialization, distribution and storage of oil-refined products in Mexico, with regard to the applicable regulations on minimum storage, open and non-discriminatory access, and permitting matters.
- Advised Sunflower Bank, NA regarding secured credit facilities granted to Mexican clients with guarantees in Mexico and the United States of America.
- Advised Grupo Techint in the refinance of a combined cycle power plant, with a capacity of 900 MW in the state of Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
- Advised a syndicate of commercial and development banks as senior lenders to subsidiaries of Enel Green Power for the development, construction and operation of three solar projects in Mexico with an aggregate capacity of 1,088 MW.
- Advised a bidder of the Red Compartida Project for the construction, operation and maintenance of a shared telecommunications networked in Mexico in the 700 MHz.
- Advised an overseas Private Investment Corporation and North American Development Bank as senior lenders in the refinancing of a 13.6 MW solar generation facility in the State of Chihuahua.
- Advised the Mexican power developer Comexhidro in the sale of the ready to build wind farm Los Molinos, a 171 MW self-supply project in the State of Tamulipas, Mexico to Thermion Energy.
- Advised Oak Creek Energy Services in the development of Tres Mesas wind farm a 148 MW project in the State of Tamaulipas, Mexico.
- New York (2015)
- Mexico (2008)
- Columbia University School of Law (LL.M.) (2013)
- Instituto Tecnologico y De Estudios Superiores de Occidente (LL.B. with Honors) (2008)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.