Rubén currently focuses his practice in assisting a wide range of industry clients (e.g. Energy, Mining & Infrastructure; Technology, Media & Telecoms; Healthcare & Life Sciences; Financial Institutions; and Industrials, Manufacturing & Transportation) in proceedings before the Mexican Competition Authorities, including the analysis and integration of pre-merger filings, investigations of monopolistic practices conducted by the Mexican Competition Authorities.
In addition to the above, Ruben's assistance to clients include: (i) Handling contractual issues and commercial agreements drafting; (ii) Working on corporate maintenance of the Mexican companies of such clients; and (iii) Conducting due diligence and compliance investigations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted different clients in both compliance and cartel investigations, particularly in the health and pharmaceutical sectors.
- Assisting a major industrial company in conducting a compliance investigation on alleged cartel activities in a bid process.
- Worked for high-profile companies in different merger control processes, in which the Federal Competition Commission carried out in-depth reviews given the nature of the transactions.
- Assisting for a multinational company in the abuse of dominance investigation conducted by Federal Economic Competition Commission in the market of e-commerce platforms.
- Advised a major broadcasting company in connection with an illegal merger investigation conducted by Federal Telecommunications Institute in the market of the commercial use of frequencies of the radio spectrum to broadcast.
- Assisting different multinational companies regarding a public consultation called by the Federal Telecommunications Institute, concerning issues related to Digital Economy and Big Data.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Corporate Lawyers (ANADE) - Member
- Pro Bono Baker McKenzie FY 2019 Award.
- Currently coordinating the legal advice on Corporate, Compliance, Labour, Tax and IP matters for a non-profit association committed to the formation and inclusion of people with visual impairment.
- Escuela de Leyes (JD) (2019)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (Legal English Diploma) (2017)