For many years, Dr. Werner Müller was a partner with Baker McKenzie in Frankfurt and the senior partner of the German Dispute Resolution Practice Group. Since July 2012, he has been Of Counsel.
Starting with his bar admission in 1972, Dr. Müller has worked as a disputes lawyer (litigation and arbitration); in recent years, he has concentrated on acting as arbitrator. Dr. Müller is an active member of an initiative of German industry associations aiming to change German law on general terms and conditions regarding B2B contracts.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as arbitrator in a dispute about repayment of a loan granted by a bank in Germany to a borrower in Ukraine.
- Counsel for German purchaser of a worldwide production line in an arbitration against the French seller about the contractual net equity guarantee.
- Arbitrator in a dispute between a German energy trader and a non-German energy supplier (damages after termination).
- Arbitrator in a post-M&A dispute on the transfer of pension obligations between a DAX 30 company and the non-German seller.
- Arbitrator in a post-M&A dispute about the value of a business in the area of communications-network.
- Arbitrator in a dispute regarding whether the gas price in a B2B contract can validly be bound to the general oil price.
- Arbitrator in a dispute about the compensation for the planning of unrealised renewable energy projects outside Germany.
- Arbitrator in a dispute about the German supplier's claim against the Indian purchaser with agreed (but not realized) delivery into Africa (place of arbitration: New Delhi).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Bar Association
- Swiss Arbitration Association
- German-Brazilian Lawyers' Association
- German Institution of Arbitration (DIS)
- Germany (1972)
- University of Munich (1968)
- University of Geneva (1966)
- University of Erlangen (1965)