Penjani Mseteka is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Banking & Finance Practice Group in Johannesburg.
Penjani assists clients with project finance, securitization, insolvency, structured financing, leveraged financing and various aspects of regulation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the lender group in respect of the 25MW Ngodwana Bio-Mass Project under the Department of Energy's Renewable Independent Power Producer Procurement (REIPPP) Programme.
- Advised Nedbank, Old Mutual Specialized Finance and Vantage GreenX Fund with their financing of the Zeerust solar photovoltaic project and the Droogfontein II solar PV projects, which were awarded preferred bidder status in Round 4 of the REIPPP Programme.
- Advised a multinational organization on the restructure and reorganization of its group of companies across Europe and South Africa, which involved refinancing by existing creditors of EUR 55 million.
- Advised Bidvest International Logistics, as lender, in respect of a ZAR30,000,000 revolving import credit facility agreement.
- Advised DBSA on its ZAR 3.5 billion Post-Commencement Finance Term Credit Facility loan to SAA, to assist SAA with its business rescue proceedings.
- Advised an offtaker and equity sponsor in respect of a 110MW solar PV project in Zimbabwe.
- Advised the Sibanye Gold and the Sibanye Stillwater Group in relation to a ZAR 5.5 billion revolving credit facilities (with an option to uplift to ZAR 7 billion) provided to the Sibanye Stillwater Group by a group of domestic and international banks led by Absa and Nedbank.
- Advised an equity sponsor and key equipment supplier in respect of a bid under the South African Risk Mitigation Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme.
- Advised Sibanye Gold Limited and certain of its subsidiaries on South African and English law issues in connection with the amendment and restatement of the group's existing revolving credit facility agreements, USD 350 million and ZAR 6 billion, in preparation for and following the acquisition of Stillwater Mining Company (incorporated in the USA).
- Advised a multinational steel manufacturing corporation with drafting Project Documents in anticipation of a potential co-controlled partnership of an existing wholly owned subsidiary.
- South Africa (2019)
- University of Cape Town (LLB) (2016)
- University of Cape Town (Bachelor of Social Science Law and International Relations) (2015)