Nikki Mourginos is a senior associate with the construction and major projects group of the Brisbane office.
She was named a winner of the Lawyer's Weekly "30 Under 30" awards in the dispute resolution category in 2014. The inaugural Lawyer's Weekly 30 under 30 Law Awards acknowledges the achievements of 30 Australian lawyers across 10 practice categories.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for a joint venture for a period of 2.5 years principally involved in change and claims management as well as key involvement in the Supreme Court of Queensland proceedings involving the interpretation and construction of the alliance contract between the two design and construct joint ventures for a project.
- Acted for Australia's largest listed logistics conglomerate, managing its claims against the builder and designer regarding the failure of the pavement at a port. This was an extensive multiparty Supreme Court of Queensland litigation with many international paving experts where a settlement was successfully negotiated.
- Advising a major contracting party in relation to its disputes regarding onshore works with the owner including in relation to several multimillion-dollar adjudications brought for payment legislation.
- Managing the multimillion-dollar adjudications of several national building contractors involved with the project.
- Representing an international mineral processing infrastructure provider in day-to-day contract management as well as an expert determination concerning delivery of a copper processing plant in Botswana.
- Managing the claims between a multinational conglomerate IT services provider in a dispute with the owner/operator regarding delivery of the project.
- Managing Supreme Court of Queensland litigation between an international engineering joint venture in dispute with the builder.
- Representing a leading Australian engineering contractor in a dispute with a dredging contractor including in relation to adjudications which were litigated in the Supreme Court of Queensland and Queensland Court of Appeal.
- Acted for the body corporate and several unit owners of a serviced-apartment building over a period of 2 years, managing its Supreme Court of Queensland litigation against the builder and developer and successfully negotiating a settlement.
- Acted for the property developer over a period of 4 years, managing change and delay on the project as well as in the Supreme Court of Queensland litigation against the builder, including the question of whether or not the liquidated damages clause in the contract between the parties was a penalty.
- Managing two large-scale adjudications for an international integrated service provider in relation to work performed on a solar farm project.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Women in Construction - Member
- Building Disputes Practitioners Society - Member
- Society of Construction Law Australia - Member
- Women Lawyers Association of Queensland - Member
- Hellenic Lawyers Association of Australia - Member
- College of Law (Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice) (2009)
- University of Queensland (LL.B.) (2008)
- University of Queensland (B.A. Economics) (2004)