Oliver Moreton is an Associate in Baker McKenzie's Employment & Compensation practice in London. He qualified as a solicitor in March 2018, and has spent time on secondment at UBS (September 2017 to March 2018) and Barclays (October 2019 to April 2020).
Oliver advises in-house legal counsel and HR on day to day employment issues, National Minimum Wage issues, Employment Tribunal litigation, and HR aspects of corporate transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised an international airline on a large restructuring project in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, working closely with the business to deliver practical advice
- Spent seven months on secondment to the Barclays Employment Legal team, giving day to day advice on employment law issues and managing Employment Tribunal litigation
- Advised a major financial services institution in successfully having a high value Employment Tribunal claim struck out for lack of territorial jurisdiction
- Advised a global pharmaceutical company on HR issues relating to its consumer healthcare joint venture with another major pharmaceutical company
- Advised a major broadcaster on equal pay issues
- Worked with a well known high street employer on national minimum wage issues
Professional Associations and Memberships
Law Society of England & Wales
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2018)
- BPP University (Legal Practice Course - Distinction) (2016)
- University of Law (Graduate Diploma in Law - Distinction) (2015)
- University of Exeter (BA History - First Class) (2013)
Co-author, "Maternity leave: there's no comparison," PLC Magazine, July 2019
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.