Alfonso Mora is a member of Baker McKenzie's Tax Practice Group. He has tax-related experience in mining projects, manufacturing, financing, and banking issues for Chilean and multinational companies. Mr. Mora also actively works with non-profit organizations. He joined the Firm in November of 2012.
Mr. Mora mainly advises in matters related to tax. He focuses his practice on transfer pricing, tax planning projects, compliance matters, and corporate restructuring, and advises on local and international tax issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted in advising Latin American Power (LAP), an electric generation company, in corporate and tax matters to acquire several strategic energetic projects in Chile. One such purchase included one of Chile's first wind energy projects that became fully operational in 2010.
- Advising a large multinational group on the transfer pricing implications under the global dealing regulations of their trading in Chile with related parties.
- Advising several mining and energy companies on tax planning for their activities in Chile.
- Represented an IT company in an Internal Revenue Service collection action and successfully reducing a tax liability of over USD2,000,000 to under USD50,000.
- Chile (2013)
- Pontificia University Catolica de Chile (LL.B.) (2012)
Co-author with Mr. Sergio Illanes, Chilean transfer pricing chapter of the International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation, 2013
Baker & McKenzie Ltda. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.