Antonia Montt Strabucchi
Servicios Legales Baker McKenzie SpA
Antonia Montt graduated with a degree in law from the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile in 2019, and joined the Firm in 2021. Previously, she worked in Baker McKenzie as a paralegal for the EMI team during her college years.
Antonia worked as a teaching assistant for constitutional law at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile Law School from 2017 to 2018.
Antonia advises on legal matters related to Chilean mining law. She also has experience in matters related to natural resources, energy and infrastructure. She regularly works on a wide-range scope of mining process matters, such as the incorporation, protection and maintenance of mining property, whether relying on metallic or non-metallic minerals, and their surrounding corporate aspects, advising Chilean and international companies. She has advised companies on local and international transactions for the acquisition and development of projects related to conventional and sustainable energy generation, environmental protection, mining exploitation projects, among others.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Mantos Copper in USD 3.3 billion merger agreement with Capstone Mining.
- Advised Enagás in the sale of 45.4% stake in Chile's GNL Quintero.
- Advised and carried out the sale of KGHM's SCM Franke to Minera Las Cenizas S.A.
- Assisted Chilean miner Mantos Copper to realize a USD 847 million financing to expand its Mantoverde mining site.
- Assisted in the acquisition of mining concessions and easements of Haldemann Mining Company.
- Assisted Nordex Chile SpA in various energy and environmental legal issues.
- Participated in several due diligence processes, reviewing corporate, mining, environmental and regulatory issues for the development of energy and mining projects.
- Recognized by Chile's Supreme Court for her participation in the "Project for the Modernization of the Supreme Court Jurisprudence Database" (2022)
- Chile (2021)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (LLB) (2019)
Baker & McKenzie Ltda. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.