Recognized by the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2019 and 2020 in Corporate Mid-Market, Maxine Mongeon has strong M&A experience acting for and across from major Canadian, US and international private equity funds and strategic purchasers in various sectors, including renewable energy, technology, software, data centres, oilfield services, LNG, health care, retail, fitness, insurance, and manufacturing and distribution.
Maxine is well-versed in fund formation and regularly advises clients on their investments in private equity funds, venture capital investments and joint ventures, and how to protect and exercise their rights in such circumstances. She handles general day-to-day corporate commercial matters, equity and debt financings, corporate governance, succession planning, corporate reorganizations, and works closely with many cross-border clients. Maxine has experience in handling public and exempt debt capital market transactions and has advised public companies on continuous disclosure and equity and debt offerings.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Ontario
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Alberta~Canada (2011)
- Ontario~Canada (2007)
- University of Ottawa (LL.B.) (2006)
- University of Ottawa (B.Soc.Sc. Hons.) (2003)
- Author and speaker, “The Negotiation of Share Purchase Agreements,” presented at the Buying and Selling a Business Seminar hosted by the Legal Education Society of Alberta, Edmonton and Calgary, March 2017
- Co-author (with Vanessa Grant), "Greater Investor Protection Means Greater Issuer Responsibilities: Revised Exemptions Now In Force in Canada," VCAA Newsletter, Summer 2015
- Annual speaker, "TSXV Rules & Tools Workshop on The Board's Obligations Relating to Compensation"
- Author and speaker, "International and Cross-Border Deals," presented at Insight Information’s Advanced Major Business Agreements Conference, January 2014
- Author and speaker, “Legal Considerations for US Companies Doing Business in Alberta," presented at the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service’s Alberta Supply Chain & Foreign Direct Investment Trip, October 2014 (for Calgary Economic Development)
- Author and speaker, “Negotiation Strategies: Legal, Business and Ethical Considerations,” presented at Insight Information’s Major Business Agreements Conference, December 2014