Gonzalo has over five years of experience in constitutional litigation and advisory, legal entities, arbitration and university regulation.
He actively participates in the defense of clients before the judicial authorities and the constitutional court in all types of constitutional processes (especially the writ of amparo process), as well as in contentious-administrative processes and arbitration proceedings.
He also has extensive experience in educational regulation, especially concerning universities, schools, institutes and colleges.
Gonzalo integrates interdisciplinary teams that require a constitutional and procedural constitutional perspective, especially in matters of administrative law, corporate law and public international law.
Gonzalo joined Estudio Echecopar as a legal trainee from 2012 to 2015 and has been an associate since 2016.
Gonzalo focuses his professional practice on constitutional law and human rights, with experience in advisory and litigation (with special emphasis on writs of amparo processes in all its forms: against judicial resolutions, against self-applicable norms, among others).
He actively participates in pro bono cases, from advice and consultancy in matters of legal entities (establishment of associations), to complex litigation before the judicial authorities. As part of his experience in educational regulation, he manages internal issues such as the operation and development of the legal entity, as well as procedures before the SUNEDU, the MINEDU and the public registries office.
Representative Legal Matters
- Successful sponsorship of a person in an amparo process against judicial decisions that declared him an interdict, obtaining a ruling that applied for the first time the convention on the rights of persons with disabilities. It was a pro bono case.
- Successful sponsorship of a company in the hydrocarbon sector in 'corporate amparo processes' initiated by its shareholders, seeking the non-application of agreements of its general shareholders' meeting. It was possible to revert a precautionary measure in favor of the shareholders. In addition, all the claims have been dismissed.
- Successful sponsorship of a private law company in an amparo process to recover the property of a highly priced real estate asset, unduly confiscated by the state.
- Successful defense of a professional association in an amparo process against judicial resolutions. Against this process, its counterpart initiated an 'amparo against amparo' process, which was also defended by the Firm, achieving a unanimous decision by the constitutional court in favor of our client.
- Successful sponsorship of licensed universities in procedures and administrative procedures before the SUNEDU and the public registries.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lima Bar Association - Member
- Perspectiva Constitucional - Member
- Lima, Peru (2016)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Law Degree) (2016)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Bachelor of Law) (2016)
- Análisis Constitucional y Legal Sesde su Condición de Personas Jurídicas, Las universidades en el Perú, THĒMIS Law Review number 72, 2017
- La Importancia de Adjuntar Copia de la Resolución Impugnada, Sobre el amparo contra resolución judicial, Diálogo Con la Jurisprudencia number 231, December 201
- La Represión de Actos Homogéneos en los Procesos Constitucionales, Gaceta Constitucional number 129, September 2018
- De la comparación a la aplicación, la Responsabilidad Civil, THĒMIS Law Review, 2018
- La Publicidad Estatal Como Medio de Tutela del Derecho a la Igualdad y no Discriminación de los Grupos en Situación de Vulnerabilidad, Gaceta Constitucional number 132, December 2018