Omar Momany is a partner in Baker McKenzie Habib Al Mulla's and is the is head of the UAE Corporate/M&A practice and focuses his practice on public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, corporate governance, joint ventures, commercial matters and corporate/shareholders' disputes in the UAE and throughout the region.
Omar has over 15 years of experience in the Middle East and has acted for local and regional corporates and financial institutions, governments and regulatory bodies, multinationals, family businesses and royal houses. He is bilingual in Arabic and English.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker & McKenzie Habib Al Mulla, Omar worked on a number of high-profile corporate and commercial matters, including:
- A major live stock and food manufacturing business based in the Jordan and AD on and M&A driven re-structuring and re-organization of the group's assets and subsidiaries in 20 different jurisdictions around the world.
- Oman Investment Fund on the public acquisition of a minority stake in RAK Ceramics PJSC listed on ADX.
- A leading US investment bank acting on the USD 11.3 billion merger of Emirates Bank and National Bank of Dubai, the largest banking merger in the GCC.
- An international bank acting on the acquisition of the onshore retails and commercial banking business of another bank in the UAE.
- A major investment house in the UAE a join venture with a leading European confectionary brand for the set up of a series of branded cafes and restaurants in the UAE.
- A Dubai Government corporation on the IPO of 20% of its share capital.
- A major UAE public company on the successful settlement and recovery of more than AED 1 billion insurance claim (Confidential).
- A major UAE family business on the exit of a major construction joint venture in the UAE.
- A leading UAE-based property developer acting on a USD 1.2 billion dollar joint venture arbitration dispute in the Middle East.
- A regional government agency advising on the preparation and drafting of the legal and regulatory framework to establish economic zones in the Middle East, including conducting a legal benchmarking comparative study of regional and international economic zones.
- Jordan (2000)
- Dubai - Registered Legal Consultant
- Harvard Business School (Program High Potential Leadership) (2017)
- University of Aberdeen (LL.M. Commercial Law) (2001)
- University of Jordan (LL.B., Hons) (2000)