Adrian Moftakhari is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Zurich office and a member of the Firm's Banking and Finance Practice Group. He has graduated both from the University of Geneva (Bachelor of Laws) and the University of Zurich (Master of Law) and has obtained an LL.M. in International Financial Law from King's College London.
Adrian has experience working in a legal tech startup while in London, and has trained with a prominent Swiss law firm in Geneva before obtaining his bar in 2022. He has then joined Baker McKenzie as an associate.
Adrian advises domestic and international clients in the areas of banking and finance and capital markets, as well as in general corporate law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Eurofima European Company for the Financing of Railroad Rolling Stock (Eurofima) on two bilateral multicurrency revolving credit facility agreements with Zürcher Kantonalbank and Basler Kantonalbank in the amount of CHF 150 million each.
- Advised PSP Swiss Property on the conversion of its CHF 1.8 billion outstanding bond portfolio to green bonds, as based on the company’s Green Bond Framework.
- Advised PSP Swiss Property on the linking of its outstanding bilateral and syndicated loan agreements to defined sustainability targets, converting these loans into sustainability-linked loans in line with the Loan Market Association (LMA) guidelines.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Zürcher Anwaltsverband (Zurich Bar Association)
- Switzerland (2022)
- University of Zurich (Master of Law) (2020)
- King's College London (LL.M. in International Financial Law) (2020)
- University of Geneva and Geneva Graduate Institute (Certificate in Transnational Law) (2018)
- University of Geneva (Certificate of Advanced Studies in Legal Professions) (2018)
- University of Geneva (Bachelor of Laws) (2017)
Publications and Presentations
- Co-author, "Lending to a Company in Switzerland: Regulatory Issues," Practice Notes, Thomson Reuters Practical Law, January 2023
Presentations / Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, Baker McKenzie Switzerland's Webinar on the new Swiss Corporate Law, 2023