Sunga advises multinational corporations on cross-border commercial transactions and corporate governance matters in information technology.
Sunga focuses his practice on cross-border commercial and regulatory issues in information technology. His focus involves negotiating outsourcing agreements, distribution, agency and other complex business transactions, and advising on consumer and data protection compliance issues, including GDPR, CAN-SPAM, CCPA, and Privacy Shield.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on consumer protection risks involved with LVMH’s USD 3.2 billion acquisition of Belmond Ltd.
- Negotiated various transload and freight transportation services agreements for leading mining corporation.
- Advised large financial institutions on bank secrecy and anti-blocking statutes across more than 100 jurisdictions.
- Advised on data monetization risks involved in a provider of water, hygiene and energy technologies’ proposed USD 150 million acquisition hospitality company.
- Led cyber security incident investigations and responses for various Global Fortune 500 companies across various sectors, including manufacturing, healthcare and energy.
- Advised multinational investment bank and financial services corporation on implementation of a global whistleblower hotline across various jurisdictions, including the US and emerging markets in Asia and Africa.
- Advised Fortune Global 500 company on intra-company data sharing agreements with Algerian JV.
- Drafted and negotiated procurement services agreements for largest pharmacy store chain in the United States.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Black Men Lawyers' Association - Board Member
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital - Board Member
- Illinois~United States (2016)
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D. magna cum laude) (2016)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (B.A.) (2012)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.