Kazutaka Mizuochi has extensive experience in cross-border transactions, both inbound and outbound, involving Japanese, US, EU and Asian companies, and has worked with the Firm’s office in Chicago. He is a member of the recruiting and professional development committees of the Firm’s Tokyo office, and serves as the office’s branding partner. Mr. Mizuochi is also an active member of the Tokyo Bar Association Public Relations Committee.
Mr. Mizuochi focuses on mergers and acquisitions, including domestic, inbound and outbound deals, insurance business law and other financial regulations. He also advises technology companies on international transactions, including sales and purchases of vessels and satellites, corporate law, dispute resolution and general corporate.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a Japanese securities company in the acquisition of securities companies in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- Represented a Japanese mutual insurance company in its first demutualization through a merger with a Japanese joint stock insurance company.
- Counseled domestic and international insurance companies and brokers on insurance regulations.
- Acted for a Norwegian geophysical exploration company with respect to the sale of a 3D geophysical exploration vessel to the Japanese government.
- Represented a US satellite manufacturer in the sale of broadcasting satellites to Japanese broadcasting companies.
- Represented a Japanese bank in relation to a breaking off of merger negotiations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Japan Federation of Bar Associations
- Tokyo Bar Association
- Japan (1997)
- University of Illinois College of Law (LL.M.) (2002)
- Keio University (LL.B.) (1992)