Justin Minnaar is an associate designate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group in Johannesburg.
Justin specializes in general corporate commercial law, corporate governance, due diligence investigations, corporate reorganizations, and mergers and acquisitions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted Impala Platinum Holdings Limited with its significant investment into the AP Ventures Fund II, a hydrogen-focused venture capital investment fund operating out of the United Kingdom.
- Advised Doka GmbH on the disposal of its Mozambican, Nigerian and South African businesses.
- Currently acting for a North American software-enabled, hybrid IT solutions provider with its proposed acquisition of 100% of the issued share capital in an international ICT solutions and services group (listed on the JSE), operating in more than 50 countries across North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific.
- Assisted Wipro-Unza Holdings Ltd with its 100% acquisition of the Canway Group, a manufacturer and distributer of personal care brands and products.
- Assisted Bidvest Protea Coin (Pty) Ltd in an empowerment transaction in the mining security sector, through the introduction of a broad-based black economic empowerment partner(s), including the submission thereof for registration as a “Major B-BBEE Transaction” with the B-BBEE Commission.
- Currently acting for a South African-based mining company in relation to its unbundling, corporatization and disposal of refining and smelting assets.
- Currently acting for Aveng Africa (Pty) Ltd in relation to the disposal of its non-core businesses.
- Advised R. Stahl AG in relation to its acquisition of a 35% stake in a leading South African supplier of explosion protection products and systems.
- University of Cape Town (Bachelor of Laws) (2017)