Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Katie handled the following matters:
Represented luxury retailer in employment arbitration brought by former senior executive.
Defended entertainment technology company in employee whistleblower action in California state court.
Defended financial institutions and loan servicers in state and federal consumer actions, obtaining dismissals on the pleadings and at summary judgment.
Represented telecommunications company in consumer privacy litigation.
Domesticated German judgment for unpaid attorneys’ fees and European Union patent application costs in California.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles - Associates Advisory Board, Recruitment Chair (2017 – 2019)
- California~United States (2012)
- University of Southern California (JD) (2012)
- University of California, Los Angeles (BA magna cum laude) (2008)
- Co-author, “Avoiding the ban on noncompetes: Is it possible?” Daily Journal, 10 July 2019
- Co-author, “Finding a Third Path in Bridging the Employee/Contractor Divide,” The Recorder, 26 March 2019
- Co-author, “Potential High Courts Headache for Architects,” Los Angeles Daily Journal, 6 May 2014
- Co-author, “New Consumer Data Protections Increase Liability Risk,” Los Angeles Lawyer, July/August 2015