Daniel Middleton is a partner in the Construction team at Baker McKenzie, Melbourne. Daniel’s experience includes drafting and negotiating contracts for the design, construction and procurement of major projects and the subsequent operation, maintenance, leasing and sale of those assets. He is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria and the Society of Construction Law of Australia.
Daniel's clients include a mix of developers, owners, contractors, suppliers, tenants and public sector entities including government departments and universities. He has gained a wide range of specialist projects and construction law experience working in Australia, the United Kingdom and New Zealand.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised South East Water in respect of several alliance projects and the collaborative procurement of its capital and maintenance works over its five year Water Plan.
- Advised Salvo Property Group in relation to the construction of several major apartment projects.
- Advised Geelong Football Club in relation to the redevelopment of Simonds Stadium, Geelong.
- Advised Nacap Australia in relation to the transfer pipeline and power components of the Victorian Desalination PPP Project.
- Acting for Cbus Property in relation to the construction of several large scale residential and commercial developments.
- Advised the University of Melbourne in relation to several iconic building projects, including the Melbourne Brain Centre, Peter Doherty Institute Project and Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning Project.
- Advised Monash University in respect of its Green Chemical Futures Project and 1,000 bed student accommodation project.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Victoria
- Society of Construction Law Australia
- Victoria~Australia (2005)
- New Zealand (1999)
- University of Auckland (1999)