Representative Legal Matters
Obtained complete defense verdict as co-lead counsel in six-week jury trial for global enterprise software company and its US subsidiary, and obtained defense verdict on six of eight claims for the company's foreign subsidiary in a breach of contract and fraud case filed in the Superior Court of California, San Jose.
Obtained summary judgment in the US District Court for the Northern District of California, San Jose on behalf of global online travel booking company in putative nationwide class action asserting TCPA violations.
Obtained preliminary and permanent injunctions, summary judgment and award of attorneys' fees in the US District Court for the Central District of California, Los Angeles on behalf of an international clothing retailer enforcing non-competition agreements covering five states.
Obtained dismissal for Brazilian manufacturing company in products liability action filed in the Superior Court of California.
Obtained dismissal on behalf of international restaurant operator and franchisor in a putative data breach class action filed in the US District Court for the Western District of Washington, Seattle alleging negligence and violations of state consumer protection statutes resulting from a cyber attack aimed at personally identifiable information of online consumers.
Defended international airline in two nationwide putative class actions consolidated in the US District Court for the Northern District of California, San Francisco alleging risk of identify theft and breach of privacy laws from the disclosure of personal identifying information for more than 2,200,000 consumers.
Defended international restaurant and entertainment chain in a nationwide putative class action in the US District Court for the Central District of California, Los Angeles alleging disclosure of personal identifying information for hundreds of thousands of customers from the point of sale in violation of Section 1681c(g) of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act.
Defended Taiwanese electronics manufacturer, US subsidiaries and world champion professional gamer in a putative nationwide class action alleging violations of California state law on deceptive and false advertising, fraudulent inducement, California's Unfair Competition Law and breach of contracts related to the performance of motherboards.
Defended California subsidiary of the world's second largest wine company in five putative nationwide class actions alleging violations of the laws of 29 different states, including consumer protection statutes, false advertising, fraud, and unfair trade practices.
- Top Woman Attorney in California, Super Lawyers, 2017
- Rising Star in Northern California, Super Lawyers, 2016 & 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, The Trial Lawyer Honorary Society
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Northern California
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution - Young & International (ICDR Y&I)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation (ABF)
- Member, Diversity Law Initiative
- Member, Trial Law Initiative
- American Bar Association, Consumer Litigation Committee - Co-chair, Class Actions Subcommittee
- California~United States (2014)
- New York~United States (2013)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2013)
- Texas~United States (2007)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas~United States (2009)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas~United States (2009)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas~United States (2009)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas~United States (2010)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (2010)
- U.S. District Court, Colorado~United States (2013)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California~United States (2014)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit~United States (2019)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit~United States (2016)
- Southern Methodist University (J.D. cum laude) (2007)
- University of Cincinnati (Master's Degree Architecture) (2003)
- University of Cincinnati (B.S. Architecture magna cum laude) (2001)
- San Francisco
- Co-author, "A Common Thread In California 'Organic' Textile Lawsuits," Law360.com, September 2017
- Co-author, “BNA Insights: U.S. Privacy Redress and Remedies for EU Data Subjects,” Bloomberg BNA, Privacy & Security Law Report, November 2015
- Co-presenter, "Recent Class Action Trends in the Consumer Goods and Retail Industry - What You Need to Know and How to Avoid Class Action Disputes," Insights Into Litigation & Government Enforcement Webinar Series, April 2019
- Co-presenter, "Antitrust and Consumer Protection in the Global Technology Sector," ACC-SFBA International Committee Meeting, April 2019
- Co-presenter, "Sustainability is here to stay – How can Technology help achieve your Goals?" Luxury Law New York Summit, November 2018