Bevis Metcalfe is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Finance Group based in London. Bevis focuses his practice on advising credit funds, private equity sponsors and banks in connection with corporate restructurings and leveraged acquisition and asset-backed financings. Bevis' experience includes a partnership secondment to a leading investment bank.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Bevis handled the following matters:
- Acted for a fund as lender to the Steinhoff UK group on its 2018 financing.
- Acted for two asset management clients as underwriters of the second lien facilities to finance Nordic Capital's acquisition of Alloheim Senioren-Residenzen GmbH.
- Advised Bain Capital in relation to Edcon's financial restructuring.
- Represented investors in connection with Abengoa's financial restructuring.
- Acted for the ad hoc committee of Senior Unsecured Noteholders of Towergate Insurance in connection with its financial restructuring and schemes of arrangement.
- Advised the largest second lien creditor in the restructuring of the APCOA Group (IFLR European Restructuring of the Year 2015).
- Acted for Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank and Nordea in connection with the EUR 1.45 billion financing of Nordic Capital’s acquisition of a majority stake in Norway-based Lindorff, one of Europe’s leading providers of debt related administrative services.
- Acted for the junior creditors of Peermont Group, a South African leisure business, in connection with its financial restructuring.
- Acted for Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group and TPG Special Situations Partners in connection with their joint acquisition of the Lundy Portfolio from Lloyds Banking Group.
- Advised Liberty Global in connection with the financing of its USD 23.3 billion offer for Virgin Media.
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2008)
- Bristol Institute of Legal Practice (CPE, LPC) (2006)
- University of Edinburgh (MA History) (2003)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.