Susanne Merten's focus is on national, European and international public procurement law. She advises and represents public authorities as well as tenderers in tender and review procedures, especially in the areas of public infrastructure, transportation systems and information technology and urban development projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on the development of individually tailored purchasing and compliance strategies.
- Advised public authorities on the design and conception of complex procurement plans in the various fields of infrastructure in information technology, public transportation as well as waste management and construction.
- Represented international and national companies and public authorities with respect to the purchase of comprehensive public supply and service contracts as well as public works contracts.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Baurecht e.V. - Member
- Deutsches Vergabenetzwerk (DVNW) - Member
- ARGE Vergaberecht im DAV - Member
- Deutscher Baugerichtstag e.V. - Member
- Berlin-Brandenburger Baurechtstag e.V. - Member
- University of Wuppertal (Bergische Universität Wuppertal) - Lecturer for Public Law and Private Real Estate Law master's course for REM + CPM
- Germany (2001)
- Fachanwältin für Vergaberecht (Attorney specializing in Public Procurement Law) (2017)
- Fachanwältin für Bau- und Architektenrecht (Attorney Specializing in Information Technology Law) (2013)
- Fachanwältin für Informationstechnologierecht (Attorney Specializing in Construction & Architecture Law) (2010)
- Humboldt University of Berlin (Dr. iur.) (2004)
- Higher Regional Court, Berlin (Assessor Exam) (2000)
- University College Dublin (LL.M.) (1998)
- University of Passau (Referendar Exam) (1997)