Susanne's focus is on national, European and international public procurement law. She advises and represents public authorities as well as tenderers in tender and review procedures, especially in the areas of public infrastructure, transportation systems and information technology and urban development projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on the development of individually tailored purchasing and compliance strategies.
- Advised public authorities on the design and conception of complex procurement plans in the various fields of infrastructure in information technology, public transportation as well as waste management and construction.
- Represented international and national companies and public authorities with respect to the purchase of comprehensive public supply and service contracts as well as public works contracts.
- Public Law: Public Procurement/PPP, Chambers Europe 2021
- Leading individual in public sector: public procurement, Legal 500 Europe 2021
- The Best Lawyers in Germany 2022 edition for Public Law since 2019
- One of the most prestigious law firms and lawyers for public law, Wirtschaftswoche 2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Baurecht e.V. - Member
- Deutsches Vergabenetzwerk (DVNW) - Member
- ARGE Vergaberecht im DAV - Member
- Deutscher Baugerichtstag e.V. - Member
- Berlin-Brandenburger Baurechtstag e.V. - Member
- University of Wuppertal (Bergische Universität Wuppertal) - Lecturer for Public Law and Private Real Estate Law master's course for REM + CPM
- Germany (2001)
- Bergische Universität Wuppertal (Honorary Professor) (2018)
- Fachanwältin für Vergaberecht (Attorney specializing in Public Procurement Law) (2017)
- Fachanwalt für Bau- und Architektenrecht (Attorney Specializing in Construction & Architecture Law) (2013)
- Fachanwältin für Informationstechnologierecht (Attorney Specializing in Information Technology Law) (2010)
- Humboldt University of Berlin (Dr. iur.) (2004)
- Higher Regional Court, Berlin (Assessor Exam) (2000)
- University College Dublin (LL.M.) (1998)
- University of Passau (Referendar Exam) (1997)
- Co-author (with Janet Butler, Andreas Schulz, Katharina Weiner), "Handbuch des Vergaberechts," 2nd edition, 2037 pages, CH. Beck, October 2017
- Co-editor and author, "VOB-Kommentar Bauvergaberecht Bauvertragsrecht Bauprozessrecht", edited by Franke/Kemper/Zanner/Grünhagen/Mertens, 2016
- Co-editor and author, "Beck'scher Online-Kommentar Vergaberecht" edited by Gabriel/Mertens/Prieß/Stein, 2016
- Co-editor, "Handbuch des Vergaberechts", edited by Gabriel/Krohn/Neun, 2014
- Co-author, Franke/Kemper/Zanner/Grünhagen (ed.), VOB-Kommentar Bauvergaberecht Bauvertragsrecht Bauprozessrecht, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013