Víctor Mercedes heads the Firm’s Litigation & Insolvency Practice Group in Barcelona and has more than 17 years of legal experience. At present Víctor is also one of the members of the Firm’s European Dispute Resolution Steering Committee. He is an associate professor at University Pompeu Fabra, teaching business litigation, corporate and arbitration law in different business programs. Victor has authored and co-authored various publications on procedural and public law, tax and administrative law.
Prior to joining the Firm, Victor worked in the State Advocate-General’s Office in Tarragona and later served as state advocate in Barcelona during which time acted for over 2000 disputes before different courts (Civil, Commercial, Criminal and Administrative). He was also a member of the National Administrative Observatory for Tax Crime, Contraband and Punishable Insolvencies of the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Finance. He is ranked and recommended as a leading lawyer in dispute resolution, restructuring and insolvency and corporate crime in Best Lawyers, Chambers Europe (2012-2018) and Chambers Global (2012-2018) and in Legal 500.
- Ranked in Dispute Resolution, Chambers Europe
- Ranked in Dispute Resolution: Corporate Crime, Chambers Europe
- Ranked in Restructuring & Insolvency: Insolvency, Chambers Europe
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Barcelona Bar Association - Member
- Spanish State Lawyers Association - Member
- Pompeu Fabra Law School Faculty - Member
- Spanish Arbitration Club (CEA) - Member
- Barcelona~Spain (2006)
- Barcelona University, Pompeu Fabra (Law Degree with honors) (1997)