Spiro Mellos is recognised as a leading employment lawyer in Australia. Currently a partner in the Firm’s Sydney office, he has over 20 years of experience advising clients on all aspects of employment and industrial relations law.
Spiro's practice focuses on drafting executive contracts (including executive remuneration) and advising on corporate fraud, director duties and confidential information. Representing clients from a diverse range of industries, he advises on certified agreements, unfair dismissals, anti discrimination law, workplace policies and all aspects of occupational health and safety law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a major Australian private equity group on the restructure undertaken prior to its IPO, including providing advice on high-level executive issues and multi-jurisdictional requirements.
- Advising property investors on all employment matters relating to the acquisitions of substantial hotel portfolios.
- Acting for major Australian financial services companies in negotiating and implementing national enterprise agreements.
- Advising on industrial relations strategy, including trade union issues, preparing awards, collective agreements and AWAs.
- Defending unfair contract claims, unfair dismissal claims, anti-discrimination and breach of contract claims before State and Federal courts and tribunals at primary and appellate level.
- New South Wales~Australia (1984)
- University of New South Wales (LL.B.) (1984)
- University of New South Wales (Bachelor of Commerce) (1984)