Paul Melling is an English solicitor, founding partner of Baker McKenzie’s Moscow and Almaty offices, and founder of the CIS offices’ healthcare practice. He also leads the CIS offices’ Compliance & Investigations Group and is a Steering Committee member for both the Global and EMEA Healthcare groups, and the EMEA Compliance & Investigations Group. He joined the London office in 1980 as a member of the East-West Trade Department, focusing on the COMECON countries of Eastern Europe, particularly the former USSR. He moved to Moscow in January 1989 and has spent over 30 years as a partner in the CIS. In 2009, he received the AIPM’s Distinguished Service Award for his contribution to the development of the Russian pharmaceuticals market
Mr. Melling’s practice is primarily focused on the healthcare industry in Russia, CIS and other emerging markets. He regularly advises on regulatory compliance, anti-bribery and anti-money laundering issues.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Russo-British Chamber of Commerce - Honorary Legal Advisor
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- Ambassador, British Embassy, Moscow - Honorary Legal Advisor
- Association of International Pharmaceutical Manufacturers - Honorary Legal Advisor
- International Business Leaders Forum - Honorary Legal Advisor
- Registered Foreign Attorney in the Russian Federation~Russia (2004)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1982)
- Oxford University (Worcester College) (Master of Arts) (1982)
- Oxford University (Worcester College) (B.A.) (1978)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.