Ruth F. Melicor is a junior associate in Quisumbing Torres’ Corporate & Commercial/M&A Practice Group.
Ruth graduated with honors (cum laude and Dean's Medalist) from the University of the Philippines in 2019 and was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2020. She finished her Master of Laws degree (with Honors) at Columbia Law School in 2023, and received the Parker Certificate of Achievement in International and Comparative Law.
Ruth's practice focuses on general corporate law, including corporate governance, commercial agreements and joint ventures. She also advised clients on commercial litigation and arbitration and employment and compensation.
Her practice spans a wide range of industries, including financial institutions, industrials, manufacturing and transportation, energy, healthcare and consumer goods & retail.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines
- International Bar Association
- Philippines (2020)
- Columbia Law School (LLM, with Honors) (2023)
- University of the Philippines, College of Law (JD - Class Salutatorian; cum laude; Dean's Medalist) (2019)
- University of the Philippines Cebu (BS Management - cum laude) (2015)
- Co-author, "New frontiers for Philippine criminal litigation", International Bar Association, August 2020